Advice Request which Malware/Antivirus Software against BHO Malware

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Jon.M

Thread author
Mar 9, 2020
Hi @all

I would like to ask which Program do you use when it comes to block/defend against BHO Trojans?

B

BVLon

Hi @all

I would like to ask which Program do you use when it comes to block/defend against BHO Trojans?
Hi and welcome to MalwareTips. Browser helper objects have now become a thing of the past more or less. However, if still a concern, since BHO malware is mostly PUPs, second opinion scanners like MalwareBytes, Norton Power Eraser or Adlice's RogueKiller might be great in the removal of those. In addition, close attention during software installation should be paid to make sure you do not get those in the first place.

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
Hitman Pro was very aggressive at finding manufacturer-preinstalled BHOs when I ran a manual scan, though removal requires a purchase. (I'm saving the one free removal for something more serious.) AdwCleaner is a free option that removed about half of the preinstalled BHO-related items when I initially set up this computer.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.