Which Office Suite Do You Prefer & Why ?

Y

yigido

Thread author
Hello,

I just want to know your experience about office suites. I am using LibreOffice now. What is your suite and Why ? Advantages or Dis-advantages ?

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
For my needs "Kingsoft" office is very good:)
Haven't tried the others.

Reactions: yigido

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I use Libreoffice, I like that it's open source unlike MS Office and it works really well for me.

Y

yigido

Thread author
For my needs "Kingsoft" office is very good:)
Haven't tried the others.
Is ıt compatible with .doc .xls ?? I have a question sometimes I wirte a .doc and its 1 page in Libreoffice but When open this in MS Office it seems 2 page ? Why this happen ?

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Is ıt compatible with .doc .xls ?? I have a question sometimes I wirte a .doc and its 1 page in Libreoffice but When open this in MS Office it seems 2 page ? Why this happen ?
Yes it does!
Not sure about the second question,maybe check formatting settings in MS?

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I have found it very quick on launch and performance!

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I have found that no one solution can solve all my needs. My preferred overall experience is with LibreOffice, but I use SoftMaker FreeOffice or Kingsoft Office Free as my backup.

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
Up until a few months ago I used LibreOffice on one pc and OpenOffice on the other. Now I use SoftMaker FreeOffice on both. Although not feature packed like the other two it is more suited to what I do, and has a smaller footprint.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Kingsoft = how to get MS Office without the price :D

Y

yigido

Thread author
Kingsoft = how to get MS Office without the price :D
Yes. I am just testing it and I like it sooo much :D Ribbon interface makes it like MS Office 2013. Also it is very quick that is most important thing for me. One cons. only it has no Turkish language support, what a pity :)

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
I am using MS office 2010 while I have Kingsoft Office installed in my dad's pc.....the latest free version has got lot better with ability to save in *.docx which was missing in earlier version.....I find its more compatible with documents created in MS office...plus they have pro version for which you can find key in lots of giveaway...so need to buy office at all :p

Y

yigido

Thread author
I am using MS office 2010 while I have Kingsoft Office installed in my dad's pc.....the latest free version has got lot better with ability to save in *.docx which was missing in earlier version.....I find its more compatible with documents created in MS office...plus they have pro version for which you can find key in lots of giveaway...so need to buy office at all :p
I found my answers in your post
Nice! Thansk samit :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.