Advice Request Which Office Suite do you use ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which office suite do you use ?

• Libre

Votes: 77 30.2%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 158 62.0%
  • OpenOffice

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • WPS

Votes: 23 9.0%
  • Other

Votes: 27 10.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Kingsoft WPS free does everything I need it to do... plus the files it creates open seamlessly in MS Office.

I use WPS on my personal systems and MS Office at work. WPS word, spreadsheet and ppt documents open and function perfectly in MS Office.

WPS is pretty darn close clone to MS Office suite; in some respects I think it is better. I like it enough that I would pay for it instead of MS Office if I needed all the gizmos... however, the WPS free version is almost fully featured.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Libre for me.

I love Linux and LibreOffice on any distro works fine and is very well integrated . Try, whenever I can, have the same programs on Linux and Windows, plus I need to be well translated into my language, I also look for a free software. For all of it, my choice is libreoffice.

Only provides free options is not updated since August, but maybe you want to see: http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-office-suite.htm

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Admit it or not, even before we are already a user of MS Office from many generations due to well distributed in marketing by Microsoft which always superb in terms of features.

However considering of expensive price of the latest and last fewer versions before, it does not have lifetime license which therefore we went to free alternatives.

The problem only on those free alternatives is the confusion of classic theme and WPS/Kingsoft manage to adopt the MS Office style in such easy to navigate + compatible MS Office format unlike LibreOffice and OpenOffice.

For me, its WPS which helps to obtain my task without complications.

Y

yigido

Thread author
I can use Kingsoft Office but it has no Turkish support.
I was using OpenOffice for a while but it can open .docx files but it cannot save as .docx...it can only save as .doc files. It still uses old file formats. Then, I installed LibreOffice free for everyone, language support for me ;) and it has support for saving files as new file formats.
My choice is LibreOffice :cool:

L

LabZero

Thread author
I was undecided between Libreoffice and Openoffice, and the end I chose Libreoffice.

Both programs are free and open-source even if they have different licenses.
Apache OpenOffice uses the Apache license, while LibreOffice uses a license LGPLv3 / MPL.

LibreOffice incorporates more features and improvements (thanks to a different license), and is developed more rapidly, with new versions released more frequently than Apache OpenOffice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.