Advice Request Which Office Suite do you use ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which office suite do you use ?

• Libre

Votes: 77 30.2%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 158 62.0%
  • OpenOffice

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • WPS

Votes: 23 9.0%
  • Other

Votes: 27 10.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Decided to ditch Libreoffice and WPS. Going to pay for MS Office365 (sigh). The compatibility is far worse than I initially expected. :(

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
I have Office 2007 PRO, but Microsoft is ending support in October. I tried the new Libre Office because it had raving reviews on the internet for good MS Office compatibility. Unfortunately my desktop is from 2010 (well from 2006, but upgraded in 2010 with Pentium G3240 dual core and SSD) and Libre Office takes longggggggggggggggg to load compared to Office 2007

Based on the positive posts about WPS office I have installed free 2016 version, runs very quickly and seems to digest all the documents, spreadsheets and presentations I randomly opened. So will give WPS a go (keeping Outlook 2007 as email client for now).

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
I use Office365 at work and at home.

I used LibreOffice at home and it's good but it is still not 100% compatible with Microsoft Office.

Never tried WPS.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
WPS office seems to convert (import) Office documents well. Only problem is when creating docx documents, when you open them back in Office they don't look the same (paragraph spacing and tabs are garbled). Best solution so far. Set the default safe format for documents to DOC, XLS and PPT because these older formats are formatted well (look 1 on 1 the same as inn Office).

Pearl96

Level 5
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
I have a Microsoft Office 365 subscription and I also use Office Suite Pro (www.officesuitenow.com) it is really good by the way and very cheap. I've got a three-year subscription for only 9$ :D

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
I have Microsoft Office 2013. I've already used Libre Office; on the free side it is pretty decent and equivalent to MS Office in terms of features. The downside is file compatibility.

Reactions: Pearl96

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
LibreOffice. I feel the price of Microsoft Office is too high and LibreOffice allows me to save documents in a MS Word format so it works perfectly fine for when I'm emailing documents back and forth from work to home and back again.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Office 2010. I install Kingsoft/WPS on other PCs at the shop. I use WPS in my Android.

Reactions: Sr. Normal 2.0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.