Advice Request Which Office Suite do you use ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which office suite do you use ?

• Libre

Votes: 77 30.2%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 158 62.0%
  • OpenOffice

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • WPS

Votes: 23 9.0%
  • Other

Votes: 27 10.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
first choice: MS Office (2016). Don't choose the click-and-run edition, it's a needless pain.
second choice: google docs with offline support enabled (chrome browser only)

Reactions: AtlBo

ParaXY

Level 6
Verified
Mar 14, 2017
I used Open/Libre Office for years but gave in in the end and am now using Office 2016 Pro Plus. Helps me with my job since I am familiar with the office suite our clients use.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I used LibreOffice for years, but then I have moved to WPS Office Free.
We use xlsx, docx documents at work and they are completely broken in LO.
Mot to mention, that LO took about 10 secs to start and WPS does it in a sec.
Removing ADs/cloud took some tweaking, but I have managed to take care of that.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I'm using office 2013. It has an acceptable startup speed + native pdf support, may be useful sometimes
to be honest, I like office 2010 the most because of it's incredible startup speed without any tweak. At least twice faster than office 2013 and x3 than office 2016

I found office 2016 was super slow no matter how deep I tweaked it

Last edited:

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Today my educational license for Office 2010 expired, and I had to rescue my old Office 2007 lifetime license, I found worthless for me to pay for lastest version.

2007 is still very good imo. The updates helped MSO 2007 alot for me so that macros wouldn't break. The only difference I noticed between 2007 and 2010 was the ability to open old Works documents in 2010.

MS Office 2007 on two PCs/Open Office 2 PCs/Libre Portable 1 PC

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I would like to use Google docs, but I read too many horror stories on the Google forum about people who worked on a document offline, and when they came back online, all their changes were wiped out, without any hope or chance of recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.