Advice Request Which Office Suite do you use ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which office suite do you use ?

• Libre

Votes: 77 30.2%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 158 62.0%
  • OpenOffice

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • WPS

Votes: 23 9.0%
  • Other

Votes: 27 10.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Local Host

Thread author
Microsoft, I've tried multiple other offers specially LibreOffice and none of them run as fast as Microsoft Office.

While the free offers start choking as I add more and more content, Microsoft Office runs stable and fast.

T

The paranoid one

Thread author
WPS here.
For domestic use, it does more than I need. I have tried LibreOffice and OpenOffice previously but I have had problems when importing tables from Excel. I feel WPS lighter and compatible, but it may be no more than a personal appreciation, moreover, I like more of its appearance

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
MS Office 2007 until the beginning of this year, now I migrated to Office 2016. Libre Office is also very good, but the problem is that since MSO is the most used suite, often you have to deal with documents created in MS Office, or send documents to people who use Ms Office. This can be a headache, because the files created by those programs are not 100% compatible. I've been through a couple of occasions where I edit a document with the Libre Office or the Google Docs equation editor and then either the symbols or the layout of the equations are completely messed up when I open in MS Word. So it's always good to have MS Office, because that's what most people use.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
In September I bought Office 2016 Pro to replace Office 2007 Pro. A digital license only costs CAN $37 and it worked (downloaded and installed it in Netherlands), so set me back less than 30 Euro. I thought I take the gamble and it worked, so will replace Windows 7 Ultimate for a Windows 10 Pro (I have seen them for less than 15 dollars)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.