Advice Request Which Office Suite do you use ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which office suite do you use ?

• Libre

Votes: 77 30.2%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 158 62.0%
  • OpenOffice

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • WPS

Votes: 23 9.0%
  • Other

Votes: 27 10.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CureVirus

Level 1
Nov 9, 2017
After re-reading this entire thread, no one ever mentions Corel's WordPerfect Office, what are your thoughts on this software?

Reactions: jadinolf

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
After re-reading this entire thread, no one ever mentions Corel's WordPerfect Office, what are your thoughts on this software?

WordPerfect is a name I haven't heard in years! I did my training on that... Around 25 years ago!! They had DataEase (a database - don't know if by the same maker) and a couple other things. So long ago, it's all lost in the fogs of time:eek::eek:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Windows: Office 2010 Pro (opens at least 3-4 times faster than office 2013 and 4-5x than 2016), worse looking but acceptable
Android: WPS office (old version, adfree, before they release ad-support version)
iOS: WPS

WPS has the best performance: opening, scrolling. No other office can beat it

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
You can buy Windows 10 or Office 2016 on ebay for just a few dollars. And the licences work.
How can this be?

Hello @shmu26 I would like to advise you that buying Product keys from eBay is a very bad idea. I purchased Win 10 Home key from eBay and it got blocked after few months only. Moreover, I purchased KIS 2-year key and I started to get "Maximum number of activations has been reached" contacted support and they told me that the eBay seller usually sell the same key for more than one client. They refused to help and suggested I contact the seller for a refund. Unfortunately, the 180-day PayPal buyer protection was gone and I had no way of getting a refund. Thankfully the seller was kind enough to offer me a replacement.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
You can buy Windows 10 or Office 2016 on ebay for just a few dollars. And the licences work.
How can this be?
Both are over a grey area but the office one is a lot darker. For windows it's mostly atm keys from dead pcs with older OS that got the free upgrade to 10. For office its from volume account subscriptions. Ps if you are going to use it for work and you might get audited don't do it.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Both are over a grey area but the office one is a lot darker. For windows it's mostly atm keys from dead pcs with older OS that got the free upgrade to 10. For office its from volume account subscriptions. Ps if you are going to use it for work and you might get audited don't do it.
Thanks. That makes sense.

@Al-Faqir did your win10 key get blocked when you tried to reuse it, or did your Windows just suddenly become deactivated, out of the blue?
I know that you can't rely on reusing a key from ebay, but in my experience, they are good for one activation of a product, as long as you don't uninstall or something. You get what you pay for.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Thanks. That makes sense.

@Al-Faqir did your win10 key get blocked when you tried to reuse it, or did your Windows just suddenly become deactivated, out of the blue?
I know that you can't rely on reusing a key from ebay, but in my experience, they are good for one activation of a product, as long as you don't uninstall or something. You get what you pay for.

I did a clean install of windows on the same device using the same Microsoft Account and Windows could not be activated due to a blocked key.
What I did after that is using Windows 8.1 Pro key which is provided by my University to activate Windows 10 Pro. I also have a Windows 10 Education key. Two to be exact and one of them is unused. If you are in need for one and this does not violate the forum rules I'll be glad to send it to you.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I did a clean install of windows on the same device using the same Microsoft Account and Windows could not be activated due to a blocked key.
What I did after that is using Windows 8.1 Pro key which is provided by my University to activate Windows 10 Pro. I also have a Windows 10 Education key. Two to be exact and one of them is unused. If you are in need for one and this does not violate the forum rules I'll be glad to send it to you.
Maybe someone else needs, but thanks for the offer. I recently bought a win10 pro license on ebay for a few dollars, and it was successfully activated. So I'm good for now. They are so cheap, it's okay if they don't work a second time. You just buy another one. It's not for people who reinstall Windows every weekend, though.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Maybe someone else needs, but thanks for the offer. I recently bought a win10 pro license on ebay for a few dollars, and it was successfully activated. So I'm good for now. They are so cheap, it's okay if they don't work a second time. You just buy another one. It's not for people who reinstall Windows every weekend, though.
Happy to hear it is working and I hope it does not get blocked like mine.

Reactions: shmu26
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.