Advice Request Which one is best (real zero log and safe) ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

icarus

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 29, 2021
i want to choose new vpn service like 2 years plan cz my vpn end in this week i use express right now for 1 year but im not happy and most of time slowdown on my location and some of those servers not even work good for me so i get 1 month sub of vyper and work good right now.
have this list:
ipvanish
unlocator
vyper
private internet access
so i want to choose best true privacy focused and true zero log vpn from that list
thanks for reading and helping me out:emoji_beer:

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
Personally Mullvad and AirVPN have been amazing in that regard in my experience, when I still used VPN's. From which I used the latter the longest, due to price point considerations. Either way in my opinion and experience, you can't go wrong with either.

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
i want to choose new vpn service like 2 years plan cz my vpn end in this week i use express right now for 1 year but im not happy and most of time slowdown on my location and some of those servers not even work good for me so i get 1 month sub of vyper and work good right now.
have this list:
ipvanish
unlocator
vyper
private internet access
so i want to choose best true privacy focused and true zero log vpn from that list
thanks for reading and helping me out:emoji_beer:

Express VPN is one of the best, very expensive, but good.
The speeds are also very good, I have no complaints, if I have to advise another one, I will recommend you IPvanish
Avoid Vyper, terrible, its software take 3/4% from CPU to work.

I speak with knowledge off, see image:

1635542656143.png

Last edited by a moderator:

icarus

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 29, 2021
The speeds are also very good, I have no complaints, if I have to advise another one, I will recommend you IPvanish
Avoid Vyper, terrible, its software take 3/4% from CPU to work.

I speak with knowledge off, see image:

View attachment 261595
yeah vyper is laggy and slow in UA and connect+disconnecting but server speed is good
about ipvanish yeah i have it on my list but i must make sure its 100% trustworty and good
also @Shadowra @SecureKongo @rain2reign mention mullvad i will test that out in next 2 days thanks.
@Freud2004 i have it but not too well,im never use express anymore

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017

Considering the fact that he is looking for a VPN that honors privacy I wouldn't recommend Express VPN anymore. At least for now. :confused:

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
yeah vyper is laggy and slow in UA and connect+disconnecting but server speed is good

The speed is good in Viper because it uses the protocol Wireguard, all the VPNs you see on my screen uses that protocol except Hotspot shield that uses the protocol "Hydraprotocol", not so fast as Wireguard, but very stable and faster than the other ones (OpenVPN, etc).

Speed test ( my connection 500MB Down/120MB upload), I am in Portugal, base test Nederlands;

Take your conclusions:
IPvanish:

1635545592998.png

ExpressVPN:

1635545755187.png

NordVPN:

1635545890687.png

HotSpot Shield:

1635546075011.png

SurfShark:

1635546249579.png

StrongVPN:

1635546451954.png

Last edited by a moderator:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
The speed is good in Viper because it uses the protocol Wireguard, all the VPNs you see on my screen uses that protocol except Hotspot shield that uses the protocol "Hydraprotocol", not so fast as Wireguard, but very stable and faster than the other ones (OpenVPN, etc).
If the connection to the server is slow, e.g. if the server is overloaded, then you will get slow speeds no matter what protocol you use. A fast connection using OpenVPN will give better speeds than a slow WireGuard one. For a server that gives you good speeds, WireGuard will be better.

icarus

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 29, 2021
VPN speed depends upon where you live. Infrastructure matters above all else. If you live in South America, SE Asia outside major cities, Aus\NZ, then most VPN service do not provide fast service. If you live in country like Khazakstan or Turkmenistan, even Romania or Bulgaria, no VPN will work well.

People here are just throwing out VPN names without even asking you where you live. Depending upon where you live, the big name VPNs might be a waste of your money.
Labuan Malaysia

klepto

Level 2
Jun 14, 2020
The idea that VPNs don't log is fantasy, they have to have some sort of logging for management and statistics. Even if they filter their logs, the rented servers they use is guaranteed to be logging. Its an industry joke about putting obvious lies as features on your site just because everyone else is.

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
If the connection to the server is slow, e.g. if the server is overloaded, then you will get slow speeds no matter what protocol you use. A fast connection using OpenVPN will give better speeds than a slow WireGuard one. For a server that gives you good speeds, WireGuard will be better.

The idea that VPNs don't log is fantasy, they have to have some sort of logging for management and statistics. Even if they filter their logs, the rented servers they use is guaranteed to be logging. Its an industry joke about putting obvious lies as features on your site just because everyone else is.

The VPNs are not very useful in general, they serve determined purposes. For example a good privacy tool for the torrenting, second layer in Darckweb, and not much more.

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
There are other things to consider besides which VPNs say they don't log, since 90% of them say that. You need to look at the VPNs jurisdiction; which ones are and are not in places where they can be legally forced to give over what information they do have. Unfortunately, that may turn people off anything in any of the "eyes" alliances. That means Mullvad (Sweden) and AirVPN (Italy) might not be the best just because of their locations. You also want to look at whether or not the VPN owns their servers or if they rent them, and also if the use RAM-servers.

I've been really impressed with hide.me VPN (see here), but there are a few of the many that I've used I would recommend. But I would absolutely stay away from any VPN owned by Kape (ExpressVPN, PIA, Cyberghost, Zenmate), their leadership is not trustworthy.

Last edited:

icarus

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 29, 2021
You have to find a VPN that offers nodes in Indonesia and Malaysia. Even then, your service might still be slow. It could be network infrastructure, it could be that authorities or your ISP throttle networking, it could be that the router causes VPN slow downs, it could be a lot of things.
im not facing any slow down or problem from isp BUT my country not too well for online privacy this is why im looking for safe vpn i test (UNLOCATOR)and it have great speed also ipvanish and vyper i see good speed i test mullvad its normal in my test and also im not gonna renew my express vpn cz i face many slow down and problems in this year with them so maybe vyper mabe unlocator i go with

Reactions: Nevi and roger_m

icarus

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 29, 2021
You seem obsessed about logs. You have to be a criminal for your Malaysian police or the govt to worry about you, your VPN and any logs.

I'm going to start at the most basic fact, and then you'll have to figure the entire remaining chain of trackability out for yourself. If you pay with a debit or credit card, then that transaction is a permanent record that ties you to using a VPN. If you pay with crypto, unless each coin is washed, the govt can track and uncover that payment as well. But worrying about all of this is amateurish paranoia because there is one, irrefutable fact that undoes every anonymity measure you can take.

No VPN is going to sacrifice itself to protect you. Any VPN that receives a lawful order or demand is going to give you up and serve you to the police or govt security forces. If the VPN refuses, the police or govt forces will just seize the VPN servers (which are mostly not owned by the VPN; they are rented). International police force cooperation means eventually, they will figure out who you are.
iam a lawyer and i have any kind of client. my self not breaking any law but most of stuff from my office to my client are goes online this is matter to me i also use btc/eth for online shop for my self but anything for my office all paid by creditcard and from that part befor pia vpn refused to hand over logs but i dont know about them now so i dont care about my self i only want to make a safe and high trustworthy environment for all of my client (not criminal one;))most of our client is the big player from my country or even Their partners from other country so i must make sure everythings goes well for all of them

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
With VPN marketing itself these days, It's easy to get lost in the information. As a result the mindset tends to confuse obscurity or security with anonymity and I don't blame them to be honest. But having a proper policy and reputation does matter, if you do need a VPN. Whether for security (and through obscurity) or stability purposes.

icarus

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 29, 2021
I already figured you were rich. Only rich people own property and live on Labua.

The best way to protect your clients' data is not to use Microsoft Office, not use Office plugins, Adobe PDF products, not use Outlook, not use Outlook plugins, and implement a very strict email and email attachment policy. But because what is required (time, effort, cost, lack of alternatives) to really protect your clients in this way, you won't do it.

If your clients' data will be exposed, 60+ % probability says it will be because of a weaponized document or email.
im not using any of them :)from that day i start my company

Reactions: Nevi

icarus

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 29, 2021
hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVPfyO0c_b4
some vpn company have a good rep and history and that ok with me if they protect me from my isp and goverment i see vyper have a good policy im not sure about unlocator and 70% sure about ipvanish cz i read years ago they help goverment to trackdown criminals but after ownership get changed they edit policy and right now they are 0 log but my option is for right now vyper

Reactions: Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.