Which one is Good Imaging Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuttus

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
I would like to take a Image back up of my C Drive, so that I can restore my C drive if my computer crashes at any point of time.... It is Very Time Consuming to install Windows again.

Which Software you guys recommend to take a Image of my C Drive? It is Less than 10GB Space Taken...

Since I am using NTFS I can't use old version of Symantec GHost.... I don't have to key for new one also.. :(

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I've never used any imaging software before, so I can't really suggest any.

However, if you're using Windows 7, you can create a System Image and then use Backup & Restore to recover to that image.

kuttus

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Can we create a Recovery Partition in our computer? It is a not a Company made one... It is a custom made one..

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can, but I've never tried it.

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/21978-Windows-7-8-OEM-Recovery-Partition-Creator

D

Deleted member 178

For simplicity: Win7/8 built-in backup feature.

For features & Speed : Acronis True Image

Free solution : Paragon Backup & Recovery Free http://www.paragon-software.com/home/br-free/

Personally i use imaging backup solution only once (after installing & setup my system) then i prefer rollback systems (Rollback RX ) because i test many softwares and it allows me to reload a clean snapshot; my review there : http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Review-Rollback-RX-Pro

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Macrium Reflect free is what i use and I find it good, its fast and ive never had a problem with it. The compression isnt as good as others but for 10gb it doesnt really matter

VectorFool

Verified
Dec 17, 2012
Hello Kuttus
for System Imaging and Recovery i would strongly recommend Paragon Backup and Recovery (Free or Paid)
1)It has the best Compression levels
2)Moderate restore time required
3)Can load its Backup and recovery environment into a Bootable CD/DVD or USB
4)I am using it for the past 4 years and have yet to face any problems
5)Simple to use
6)Free version has Differential backup option

However before trusting any Backup and Imaging program it is always a good idea to test if the software works on your setup without any problems
Make an Image of your current Drive and try restoring from it using the program just to see if it works as it should.

Many people recommended me Macrium Free as it is the most widely used free Imaging Program.
people hardly faced issues with it, but however i did face issues with it. No two PCs are the same, so don't blindly trust programs as critical as Imaging/Restore Solutions and hope for best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.