Which online backup solutions do you use?

Pick what you use.

• MEGA

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Google drive

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Dropbox

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Box

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Firedrive

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Copy

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (State below)

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I use Mega, Google Drive and OneDrive for online file storage, I don't use any of them for backup purposes.

Reactions: Littlebits

toffee

Level 6
Verified
Feb 17, 2013
I use Mega, Box and Dropbox, but not for backups. Backup only on external HDD.

Reactions: Ink
Y

yigido

MEGA ;) I have 3 accounts = 150GB free cloud storage and fastest upload and download speed ;)

ams963

Level 1
Verified
Mar 14, 2013
I use Box, OneDrive and Shared. I use them for sharing, backup and syncing files across all my devices.:)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I use Google Drive, Mediafire and OneDrive for selected files online hosting. I don't use online storage for backup, I use my external hard drive. I use Imgur, Photbucket and ImageShack for image hosting.

I don't trust online services for backup.

Thanks. :D

Pat

Apr 30, 2014
OpenDrive all the way. Has been uber reliable and their customer service is fantastic.

Tovak

Level 1
May 10, 2014
I primarily use Dropbox, but started playing around with SpiderOak a few weeks ago. The interface takes some getting use to, but all in all , a decent secure backup solution.

Last edited:

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
This sounds really bad, but I do not use anything :p I just store everything on to an external hard drive

Bergo

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
May 13, 2013
Zoolz. 2 accounts 200 Gb online storage for life.
Mega

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Update to my previous post.

I started to utilise OneDrive to store my Portable Apps, so in case I need to wipe the drive the data can be recovered without having to download, extract and re-configure them. Once I login to my Microsoft Account on Windows 8.1, the files/data will be synced for immediate use, these include portable programs such as, CCleaner64, Autoruns, Process Explorer, Rufus etc.

No longer using Google Drive.

Mega Account stores files I don't wish to be synced to my PC. However, I can download the desktop client for easy download from my account.

Reactions: Jack

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Been using Acronis True Image during the 2015 beta test. Not bad. Acronis is not free, but not bad. Will see how it shakes out (price-wise) now that it's out of beta. It has some very decent features too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.