Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
The use of antivirus on Android is questionable, but given the reason can understand.

On some smartphones, it is already included (Xiaomi, Samsung, Honor, Huawei etc), but insufficient in case of children.

I also use Bitdefender Mobile Security.
Not only is it very good and does not consume so much battery, but it has features that I really like such as AppLock, which allows you to lock applications (bank, emails, sensitive applications etc)
To prevent your kids from emptying your bank account for example :D

maximus

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 18, 2014
The use of antivirus on Android is questionable, but given the reason can understand.

On some smartphones, it is already included (Xiaomi, Samsung, Honor, Huawei etc), but insufficient in case of children.

Not only is it very good and does not consume so much battery, but it has features that I really like such as AppLock, which allows you to lock applications (bank, emails, sensitive applications etc)
Sounds very good.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

I agree it's questionable for many reasons, but since people are people and either we nerds and geeks like it or not, the majority is " Happy Clickers " on Facebook, Twitter, email ( much harder to see a full url on a phones browser as one example ) etc and then add the constant plethora of infected apps on Google Playstore with absolutely stunning numbers of those downloaded and installed, an Antivirus even on a phone for common folks don't need to be such a bad idea. Not any brands or vendor of course as some are just sad adware or bloat versions. I personal wish I would had one many years back when I got infected and even lost money.

Phones built-in AVs I strongly recommend test, because my own personal experience was an eyeopener as even Google Play Protect did better, and that one is really terrible.

Applocks, on a phone is something even I can recommend, but I use Androids built-in feature instead. It works as I'm forced to manually enter a pin code, or facial or fingerprint authenticate.

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
If you use Google account on Android I know some people who don't, you can lock and wipe using the build-in fnd my device.

So, either I forgot about this or I never read the comment. But, wow! I never knew about this. I just checked, and it does seem to offer everything I need. Thanks. I might just ditch ESET, and any other mobile AV, now.

• +Reputation
Reactions: show-Zi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.