Which program is the most thorough software uninstaller for Windows?

bobby holla

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 30, 2014
I was told by computer Expert, that the reason why Computers started out quick, but it began to slow down more and more. is as a result of pileup of old applications and software, even ones you thought you deleted/uninstalled. These files stack up and slow down your system. he did recommend getting Revo Uninstaller but i found another Called Soft Organizer. i have been puzzle and wanting to know which of these Uninstaller can perform better? any other suggestion is welcome.

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 22, 2015
I have used revo uninstaller free for many years before switching over to 64 bit and revo free does not support 64 bit so i looked for another options and got soft organizer in a giveaway.But if i get revo uninstaller pro for free i will switch over to revo on any given day so you can understand my choice.By the way i am not going to spend money to buy either of them since same task can be done manually by spending some time.

DGLauren

Jul 8, 2016
I have no experience of either of the options,but have heard good things about each of them...
I have only ever used a combination of CCleaner Free & The SUPERDelete Tool of SAS Free to Uninstall Software... I have been happy with the results so did not investigate other options.
Logethica, SAS as in SuperAntiSpyware? If yes, I didn't realize it even had a SUPERDelete Tool! I've used it for years, both the free and premium versions (currently use Free) and just got lax, I guess, running it for daily malware scans, and didn't spend that much time exploring other elements of the program. Thank you for your post; I'll be checking this out because of it.

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Logethica, SAS as in SuperAntiSpyware? If yes, I didn't realize it even had a SUPERDelete Tool! I've used it for years, both the free and premium versions (currently use Free) and just got lax, I guess, running it for daily malware scans, and didn't spend that much time exploring other elements of the program. Thank you for your post; I'll be checking this out because of it.
Yes,that's right:)..
I know some people have a really low opinion of SAS and consider Malwarebytes & Zemana to be superior (For Good Reason)...
but I like it...Not only does SAS not result in a (potential) lack of Internet Connection having removed Malware (Unlike MB), but the "Tools" are IMO quite underrated.

EDIT; Additional Information regarding the use of SAS-SUPERDelete Tool:
The SUPERDelete Tool is unlike some other Uninstallers in that it does not give a dropdown list of Software as it is more granular (Which is why I use CCleaner First)..
  • Click the "PLUS" Button at the top-right corner
  • From the Menu that appears one can either remove files/file contents or.....
  • Click "ThisPC" then Double-Click "Local Disk" to give access to pretty much any file on the System.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I cannot comment to Soft Uninstaller since no experience on that software.

Actually leaving very minimal residue of leftover files will not suffer slowdowns but just junks on your space therefore likely veteran programs like Revo Uninstaller or Iobit Uninstaller will sort it out.

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I am pleased with the work he is doing Revo Uninstaller Pro has never on it did not disappoint does his work very well.
in addition it also uses from time to time Total Uninstaller Pro which also is a very good program.
both softy are wonderful and I would not change for no other.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
It would be really unprofessional if i recommended Revo over Soft Organizer, because i really haven't tested this last one. But i haven't done so because Revo Uninstaller never failed me. Lots of times i got into trouble and couldn't uninstall software, and there was Revo for me. Even back on the days when i knew very little about security and i installed PUP within downloads, there was Revo to make sure i could get rid of it. 100% recommended. o_O

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I have also been using softorganizer for around 2-3 years and it has never failed me. The one from Ashampoo was not so good. As I uninstalled one software it also deleted files that were for other software from the same company.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
SoftOrganizer is in a class by itself with its installation tracing; it tracks every change to your system until you tell it to stop tracking, so it will log post-installation changes that usually occur on the first run.

I've used it for years; nothing comes close.

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 55474

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I beta tested Revo and agree with Exterminator, it is one of the top in it's class.
I have used all the alternatives to date at one point or the other and I speak from
experience.
I have I0Bit Pro installed and it's pretty good, but even it can't keep pace with Revo.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I have used revo uninstaller free for many years before switching over to 64 bit and revo free does not support 64 bit so i looked for another options and got soft organizer in a giveaway.But if i get revo uninstaller pro for free i will switch over to revo on any given day so you can understand my choice.By the way i am not going to spend money to buy either of them since same task can be done manually by spending some time.
I agree brother, I even tried this solution for a few months, but ended up going back to Revo Pro .
Those poll results tell a clearer story ;)

reboot

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2017
I have used Revo Uninstaller Pro 64 bit for several years. Forgive me if this question is slightly off topic... I am really curious about how many Revo Uninstall Pro owners here actually install new software (and therefore trace programs) with it?

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I have shunned away from using uninstaller when Revo trashed my system after uninstalling a long forgotten program. I ended up reinstalling .NET

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.