Question which security app works with VoodooShield Pro

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
which security app works with VoodooShield Pro
tried Bitdefender to kill my pc

so any recommendation

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
VoodooShield Pro works well with most of the popular security apps like Norton, McAfee, Avast, and Bitdefender. However, it's always recommended to check the compatibility before installation to avoid any software conflicts.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
@ant_gamal considering Bitdefender can be heavy-handed at times, exceptions would need to be included for both the AV and Advanced Threat Defense (VoodooShield .exe file).

I would probably try something that's lighter on the system, like F-Secure, and add VoodooShield into Deepguard Exclusions. I believe they do offer a trial version.
deepguard exclusions.jpg

Last edited:

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
I ran it together for some time with Hard_Configurator. I just like the SRP, forced smartscreen and Firewall Hardeneing options of HC. Depending what you activate it will range from a nice addition (like Configure Defender Settings on High and Firewall Hardening) to total overkill. But even on Overkill mode (like nearly all SRP blocked, Paranoid extension and so on it still worked for me with only one strange problem that happened once and never again (forgot what it was). Just as always have a backup before you play with any new security tools.

Atm I'm just running Configure Defender and the Firewall Hardening part from AndyFul together with Cyberlock (WLC active) under SUA with UAC max.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Works find with Microsoft Defender and of course you can use their DefenderUI along with it. No issues with running Comodo at the same time either as they eventually whitelist each other.

rashmi

Level 5
Jan 15, 2024
You need no more protection with stronger suites like Kaspersky, Comodo, or Bitdefender. It's better to check their higher or advanced settings for extended protection or for your own use. The higher settings may increase false positives and require user action, but so does CyberLock. I would at least strongly suggest not using CyberLock with Comodo. If you want to use CyberLock, the better pairing with it would be products with fewer overlapping or weaker proactive measures, like Defender or Eset. Strengthened protection, lesser chances of potential compatibility or conflicting issues, and possibly the lightest combo.

Last edited:

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
You need no more protection with stronger suites like Kaspersky, Com
You need no more protection with stronger suites like Kaspersky, Comodo, or Bitdefender. It's better to check their higher or advanced settings for extended protection or for your own use. The higher settings may increase false positives and require user action, but so does CyberLock. I would at least strongly suggest not using CyberLock with Comodo. If you want to use CyberLock, the better pairing with it would be products with fewer overlapping or weaker proactive measures, like Defender or Eset. Strengthened protection, lesser chances of potential compatibility or conflicting issues, and possibly the lightest combo.

odo, or Bitdefender. It's better to check their higher or advanced settings for extended protection or for your own use. The higher settings may increase false positives and require user action, but so does CyberLock. I would at least strongly suggest not using CyberLock with Comodo. If you want to use CyberLock, the better pairing with it would be products with fewer overlapping or weaker proactive measures, like Defender or Eset. Strengthened protection, lesser chances of potential compatibility or conflicting issues, and possibly the lightest combo.
I tried ESET, but not complete the installation
so any idea of any antivirus or security works better with vodoo

Reactions: rashmi

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
I tried ESET, but not complete the installation
so any idea of any antivirus or security works better with vodoo
Try putting CL/VS in autopilot mode and then change it to Disable/Install when installing it with CL/VS already installed as below. CL/VS should then automatically check and whitelist ESET after you restart the PC.

1710764330823.png

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Try putting CL/VS in autopilot mode and then change it to Disable/Install when installing it with CL/VS already installed as below. CL/VS should then automatically check and whitelist ESET after you restart the PC.

View attachment 282289
yes even when you update Voodooshield / Cyberlock it's a good idea to change mode to "disable/install" on your current version although lately CL installer detects current installation and disables it before it completes the update installation. As for ESET, I found NOD32 worked very well with CL, or just use MS Defender.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.