Question Which Ubo filters 2023 do you use ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

floalma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
Hi friends,

filter list1.PNG

filter list2.PNG
This is an update to a previous thread here about Ubo filters lists.
These are my UBO filter lists.
Any comments or recommendations are welcome.
Thanks you for your contribution. (y)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Adguard filters are frequently updated, its good choice to go with. You have everything covered in your current setup..

I use adguard default filters wich are:
- adguard base filter
- adguard tracking protection
- adguard url tracking protection
- adguard social filter
- adguard annoyance filter
- adguard country specific filter ( adguard finnish list)

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Just the default plus all three malware domains this year but I maybe should look at what everyone else is using. My block TLD rule blocks a lot of the stuff with odd extensions.

! Block opening webpages on top level domains and countries I never visit
||*$document,domain=~com|~info|~io|~eu|~net|~org|~uk|~ms|~leg.wa.gov

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I recently went back to default filter lists except for Online Malicious URL Blocklist.

I also add these:
I like to control broken/blocked sites directly in browsers but I do use NextDNS to block CNAME trackers in chromium browsers.

* DandelionSprout's Annoyance list includes many of his other lists and some 3rd party lists, e.g. Adguard Annoyances, etc.

Jan Willy

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
Some user rules.

Prevent unauthorized writing to clipboard (Chromium based browsers). View ! Websites may write to the clipboard in Chrome without user permission - gHacks Tech News
Testpage: https://fluoridated-showy-fog.glitch.me/
*##+js(aopw,navigator.clipboard)
Edit: I did now some testing again and it seems that at least in MS Edge the problem is solved.

Blocking fingerprinting adblockers on the site browserleaks.com:
*proxy.js

Blocking abused EVAL javascript. View Need Advice - uBlock, I exfiltrate: exploiting ad blockers with CSS
Testsite: Test Eval
*##+js(noeval)

If you want the result 'blocked' on all sections of abovementioned testsite:
*$csp=script-src 'unsafe-inline'
But it will break many sites. Instead of whitelisting every broken site, you can soften the rule by excluding regular TLD's, e.g.:
*$csp=script-src 'unsafe-inline',domain=~com|~eu|~inf|~io|~ms|~net|~nl|~org

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I use all of uBO's default lists, 6/7 annoyance lists, Peter Lowe's Tracking list (which blocks a lot of links on Yahoo site), and several third party lists, incl. the Grayware Blocklist published by member SouthPark. Firefox runs great, snappy and everything. (y)

I also run a Dandelion Sprout list (Annoying Banners and Overlays) but it seems the maintainer himself is still not inclined to support Manifest v. 3 in chromium browsers.

A reminder about Dandelion Sprout's M v.3 policy.

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
View attachment 275119

Feedback is appreciated...
BTW I run NextDNS with OISD, Hagezi NORMAL & 1Hosts Mini.
My feedback:
Ads:
AdGuard Base and EasyList can be combined in AdGuard Base Filter (Optimized)
Privacy:
AdGuard URL Tracking Protection blocked some links for me, so I don't use it anymore
Block Outsider Intrusion into LAN blocks Intel Driver & Support Assistant, so I don't use it anymore
Malware domains:
If you are running a decent av with a decent browser the malware domains lists are not necessary, because they are not updated fast enough.
Annoyances:
Living in The Netherlands (EU) AdGuard Annoyances and EasyList Cookie gave me issues with some websites so I don't use them anymore.
Blocking third party cookies (with some exceptions) solves most problems, but you still have to allow the cookie notices.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hi friends,

View attachment 275107

View attachment 275108
This is an update to a previous thread here about Ubo filters lists.
These are my UBO filter lists.
Any comments or recommendations are welcome.
Thanks you for your contribution. (y)
As an artificial intelligence language model, I don't have a physical device that requires Ubo filters. Additionally, I don't have the ability to install or use any specific software or hardware.

However, uBlock Origin (Ubo) is a popular ad-blocking extension available for web browsers. The latest version of uBlock Origin as of my knowledge cutoff date of 2021-09 is version 1.38.0. I do not have any information on the specific.
However, here are some commonly used filters:

1. EasyList: This is a popular filter that blocks most types of ads, including pop-ups, banner ads, and text ads.
  2. EasyPrivacy: This filter blocks trackers and other privacy-invasive elements on websites.
  3. Fanboy's Annoyance List: This filter blocks annoying elements such as social media widgets, cookie notifications, and anti-ad blocker messages.
  4. uBlock filters: This is a set of filters that come with uBlock Origin, which blocks malware, phishing, and other harmful websites.
  5. Malware domains: This filter blocks known malware and phishing domains.
  6. Peter Lowe's Ad and tracking server list: This filter blocks ad and tracking servers to protect user privacy.
  7. Privacy Badger: This is not a Ubo filter but a browser extension that blocks trackers and other privacy-invasive elements.
These are just a few examples of popular filters used by uBlock Origin users. Users can also create their custom filters or add other third-party filters based on their needs.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
As an artificial intelligence language model, I don't have a physical device that requires Ubo filters. Additionally, I don't have the ability to install or use any specific software or hardware.

However, uBlock Origin (Ubo) is a popular ad-blocking extension available for web browsers. The latest version of uBlock Origin as of my knowledge cutoff date of 2021-09 is version 1.38.0. I do not have any information on the specific.
However, here are some commonly used filters:

1. EasyList: This is a popular filter that blocks most types of ads, including pop-ups, banner ads, and text ads.
  2. EasyPrivacy: This filter blocks trackers and other privacy-invasive elements on websites.
  3. Fanboy's Annoyance List: This filter blocks annoying elements such as social media widgets, cookie notifications, and anti-ad blocker messages.
  4. uBlock filters: This is a set of filters that come with uBlock Origin, which blocks malware, phishing, and other harmful websites.
  5. Malware domains: This filter blocks known malware and phishing domains.
  6. Peter Lowe's Ad and tracking server list: This filter blocks ad and tracking servers to protect user privacy.
  7. Privacy Badger: This is not a Ubo filter but a browser extension that blocks trackers and other privacy-invasive elements.
These are just a few examples of popular filters used by uBlock Origin users. Users can also create their custom filters or add other third-party filters based on their needs.
The latest version of uBlock Origin is 1.49.2.

Why recommend another extension, Privacy Badger that is IMO inferior to uBlock Origin?

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I usually use Adguard extension on Chrome/Edge, so this is my uBO in Firefox.
1.png2.png3.png
Also using "Hagezi Multi pro++" filter on Adguard Home. This DNS filter is like the jack of all trades in terms of effectiveness and basically 0 false positives. It has almost all popular to semi-popular to regional filter lists in it, with the false positives removed. So using only this one is enough for me.

Zappathustra

Level 2
Jul 1, 2019
I usually use Adguard extension on Chrome/Edge, so this is my uBO in Firefox.
View attachment 275127View attachment 275128View attachment 275129
Also using "Hagezi Multi pro++" filter on Adguard Home. This DNS filter is like the jack of all trades in terms of effectiveness and basically 0 false positives. It has almost all popular to semi-popular to regional filter lists in it, with the false positives removed. So using only this one is enough for me.
So it's not just me. It seems uBo filter Resource Abuse is broken lately, at least in Firefox. 0 out of 70 used? Mine is the same. That can't be right.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.