Oct 9, 2016
Last edited:

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
From the above ExpressVPN is the easiest to set-up, I think - PerfectPrivacy is excellent but not the most simplistic interface - I have issues with Mulvad as it despite all blocks some parts of my network, but easy to set-up & may be great for you - AIRVPN is first class but slightly more complicated to set-up than Express - Windscribe pretty good too.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I am very cautious about VPNs since they can be just as bad as your ISP. But it’s worse since they pretend they are protecting you. I use IVPN and Windscribe (on occasion). Both seem more transparent than most and have good business practices. I’m not a fan of the childish antics of Windscribe’s public relations, but they have done good by me in terms of business practices when I had issues. Honestly most of the time for public WiFi safety I use a VPS installed VPN (still testing it out). I like the idea of controlling both ends of the vpn and am not looking for anonymity. I mostly use a VPN for WiFi security, and sometimes geolocation for streaming. It wasn’t really designed for much else.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
A good VPN I feel is a worthwhile security enhancement, & NORD is one of the better ones it seems - But as blackice says a bad often free but not exclusively can be worse than no VPN at all - My ISP is pretty small & I do trust them & speak to them but few can say what they know about their VPN they use - I use Mullvad which for me works really well but I keep looking, I trust them but only to a degree :):)

Bushman

Level 2
Verified
Sep 9, 2017
Hello,
As already said before I use Freedome VPN of F Secure not concerned from a 5/9/14-Eyes country
I've just read on a review there are several VPNs that claim to be no-log services but have later produced detailed user data.
The link for your information: https://www.vpnmentor.com/blog/best-no-log-vpns/
Freedome do keeps log on this list
What's your opinion on this VPN review?
Thanks a lot

Fuzzy_Bunny

Level 4
Sep 19, 2019
I believeI believe they all have some logs. I just don't buy no-log policy. So anyone can install VPN and threaten someone with death and no one can't do anything about it? I don't know, VPN providers probably protected themself in case like i mention

Reactions: [correlate]

Bushman

Level 2
Verified
Sep 9, 2017
I believeI believe they all have some logs. I just don't buy no-log policy. So anyone can install VPN and threaten someone with death and no one can't do anything about it? I don't know, VPN providers probably protected themself in case like i mention
I agree with you but all are not from a 5/9/14-Eyes country

Reactions: [correlate]

JimHdy

Level 1
Oct 6, 2019
Nord is totally untrustworthy and unsecure, as the world found out a few days ago when dozens of articles like this one came out, when Nord was forced to admit that it was hacked over a year and a half ago and they didn't tell anybody about it until this week. There's even a thread about it in the security news section here on Malewaretips. And considering Nord's big claim is that they're supposedly the most secure VPN in the world, it's pretty poor that they we're hacked this way since this type of hack would be impossible if their systems we're properly secured in the first place.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.