Which Windows theme do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

breathejustice

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2014
I am a fan of classic theme (of which name may be redmon), so I had used classic theme in window 7. But, I have upgrade to windows 10, and the theme is too much bright white. The dark theme by changing registry key cannot change the color of file explorer of windows 10 and other applications.

Even if the aero theme of windows 10 is prettier than the classic theme, the white aero theme makes my eyes sore and tired.

I do not understand why Microsoft remove the classic theme from Windows 10.

Classic theme
classic.png

Aero theme (Win 10)
wind10.png

Last edited:

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
never used classic theme after windows xp (even used default one in windows xp) & onwards, had used custom themes in windows 7 & 8.1, on windows 10 still on default theme, would prefer hd one but not classic.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Yup Default white contrast theme is disgusting. What I love is the awesome taskbar. Even I prefer for a change in windows 10 themes.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You may be able to apply a custom theme to Windows 10, once someone has recreated it for the new OS.

Windows 10 can have coloured title bars, if enabled with Winaero Tweaker tool.

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
On my Windows 7 machines I always use the classic style, aero on 7 looks disgusting.
Everything >8 looks good imo.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Classic theme for my VM test since I don't need any colorful style upon doing something critical.

But for my main host, the default theme is fine as long O see the performance still consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.