White Screen -can't get to Safe Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnak

Thread author
May 18, 2013
It started with the "FBI" screen with a demand for $300. As I tried to close the page and exit the window a couple of times, something happened and now I just have the white screen.

When I shut down and power up, I'll see the Windows logo like normal, then it goes to white. When I tried ctrl-alt-del, I get the four options: Lock this computer, Switch User, Log off, Change Password, Start Task Manager. Hitting Start Task Manager sends it to the white screen. Change User and Log Off loop back to the white screen.

I tried the F8 at startup - nothing - goes to white screen.

I tried the Hitman Pro Kickstart from a flash drive, hitting F11 during startup, it ignores the flash drive and goes to white screen.

I have good restore points if I can just get to Safe Mode.

I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit.

Getting worried - none of the other solutions seem to work.

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
Welcome aboard!
Here's where you need to go - https://malwaretips.com/forums/malware-removal-assistance-for-windows.10/

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Welcome, seems its like many users got FBI's infection lately. Those solution varies for the advice from removal experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.