Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Jack said:Hi and welcome to the malwaretips.com forums!
I'm Jack and I am going to try to assist you with your problem. Please take note of the below:
Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
- I will start working on your malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
- The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine!
- The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
- If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
- Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
- Refrain from running self fixes as this will hinder the malware removal process.
- It may prove beneficial if you print of the following instructions or save them to notepad as I post them.
Before we start:
Please be aware that removing malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.
Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.
STEP 1: Run a scan with AdwCleaner
<ol><li>Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
<><a href="http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner" target="_blank">ADWCLEANER DOWNLAOD LINK</a></> (This link will automatically download AdwCleaner on your computer)</li>
<li>Close all open programs and internet browsers.</li>
<li>Double click on <>adwcleaner.exe</> to run the tool.</li>
<li>Click on <>Delete</>,then confirm each time with <>Ok</>.</li>
<li>Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.</li>
<li>Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.</li>
<li>You can find the logfile at <>C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt</> as well.</li>
</ol>
<hr/>
STEP 2: Run a scan with Junkware Removal Tool
- Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop from the following link:
JUNKWARE REMOVAL TOOL DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download Junkware Removal Tool on your computer)- Double-click to run the tool. For Windows Vista or 7 users, right-click the file and select Run as Administrator
- The tool will open and start scanning your system
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) will be saved to your desktop and will automatically open
- Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next reply
What's next?
Add the following logs to your next post (You can find here details on how to use the Attachment System):
1.AdwCleaner log
2. Junkware Removal Tool log
3.Let me know if you had any problems with the above instructions and also <>let me know how things are running now!</>
mjd74 said:Trying to get rid of whitesmoke. Nothing has really worked. Was trying to download software for my video camera. I attached the OTL Log but I'm still downloading the MBR. I will attach those when it is done. Thanks
mjd74 said:mjd74 said:Trying to get rid of whitesmoke. Nothing has really worked. Was trying to download software for my video camera. I attached the OTL Log but I'm still downloading the MBR. I will attach those when it is done. Thanks
The whitesmoke toolbar is gone these are the results that I got when I did the steps you suggested.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes