System type
    64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Network Security (Firewall)
    Windows Defender Firewall
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I participate by downloading malware samples into an isolated VM environment
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    ESET NOD32 Antivirus + Windows Firewall + Zemana AntiLogger + NVT ERP.
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    MBAM, HitmanPro, Zemana Anti-Malware,
    Browsers and Extensions
    Browsers:- Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Tor Browser.
    Extensions:- uBlock Origin, Flagfox. Session Manager (for Firefox), Session Buddy (for Chrome), SaveLink (for Firefox), Save as Shortcut (for Chrome).
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    Extensions:- uBlock Origin, Flagfox. Session Manager (for Firefox), Session Buddy (for Chrome), SaveLink (for Firefox), Save as Shortcut (for Chrome).
    Password Managers
  • Myself
  • Web Search
  • Blackle
  • System Utilities
    Disk Management, regedit, Paint, Control Panel, snipping tool.
    Data Backup
    Macrium Reflect v6 Home Edition
    Frequency of Data backups
    None
    System Backup
    Macrium Reflect v6 Home Edition
    Frequency of System backups
    None
    Computer Specifications
    https://malwaretips.com/threads/whizkidrajs-cassandra-3.67528/

OokamiCreed

Level 18
    Verified
    Trusted
    Pretty strong configuration in terms of real time protection. Don't care much for herdProtect myself but nothing wrong with it. Wouldn't hurt to add Zemana Anti-Malware. It is similar to HitmanPro but uses different AV engines. I wouldn't go nuts with Wise Registry Cleaner. I trust CCleaner's built in registry cleaner more than Wise's.

If you like your current configuration, I wouldn't change a thing. Maybe considering use a cloud sync like OneDrive or backup your HDD with Paragon or similar. You'd only want to use cloud sync programs to back up important files. Paragon backups everything. Recommend doing so on 2nd or external hard drive.

jamescv7

Level 61
    Verified
    Trusted
    All products may fail in the presence of time for such mistakes which why you need a backup to save time and effort ;)

Conduct system image by using the built in of Windows or third party program like Macrium Reflect or AOIMEI Backupper alongside of bootable device to access in case your computers became unbootable.

Other than that its a good configuration. ;)

whizkidraj

Level 8
    Yep, this combination of ESET NOD32 and Comodo Firewall has been perfect for me and my other DNAs. Easy to use for them too and handle the pop-ups hehe. And the fact that, my pc has never been infected with any malware since I started using this combo, knock on wood.
    And yep, I do use Zemana Anti-Malware too sometimes, EEK, TDSSKiller, NPE, CCE, Stinger, hence the ....
    About visiting malicious sites, ta, Umbra sir :) gonna always keep in mind.
    And yes, about backup, all ur suggestions duly noted. :)
    Thanks, OokamiCreed mate and jamescv7 sir :)

As they say in Game of Thrones, Winter is coming... But for me, Windows 10 is coming :D
    A man cannot wait for Game of Thrones season 6, but he can certainly wait for Windows 10 :p
    Till then, Valar whateveris i.e all men must wait :oops:

Last edited:

whizkidraj

Level 8
    anyone please delete this thread. gotta repost my security config again. As you can see, it's vanished lolz...all my security configurations

P.S:- Ok, I know now that edit option is available

Last edited:
    Reactions: Evandro and AtlBo

Spawn

Administrator
    Verified
    Staff member
    Reactions: AtlBo and Evandro