Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
ESET NOD32 Antivirus + Windows Firewall + Zemana AntiLogger + NVT ERP.
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
MBAM, HitmanPro, Zemana Anti-Malware,
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Browsers:- Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Tor Browser.
Extensions:- uBlock Origin, Flagfox. Session Manager (for Firefox), Session Buddy (for Chrome), SaveLink (for Firefox), Save as Shortcut (for Chrome).
Maintenance tools
Disk Management, regedit, Paint, Control Panel, snipping tool.
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect v6 Home Edition
System recovery
Macrium Reflect v6 Home Edition
Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/whizkidrajs-cassandra-3.67528/

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Pretty strong configuration in terms of real time protection. Don't care much for herdProtect myself but nothing wrong with it. Wouldn't hurt to add Zemana Anti-Malware. It is similar to HitmanPro but uses different AV engines. I wouldn't go nuts with Wise Registry Cleaner. I trust CCleaner's built in registry cleaner more than Wise's.

If you like your current configuration, I wouldn't change a thing. Maybe considering use a cloud sync like OneDrive or backup your HDD with Paragon or similar. You'd only want to use cloud sync programs to back up important files. Paragon backups everything. Recommend doing so on 2nd or external hard drive.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
All products may fail in the presence of time for such mistakes which why you need a backup to save time and effort ;)

Conduct system image by using the built in of Windows or third party program like Macrium Reflect or AOIMEI Backupper alongside of bootable device to access in case your computers became unbootable.

Other than that its a good configuration. ;)

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Yep, this combination of ESET NOD32 and Comodo Firewall has been perfect for me and my other DNAs. Easy to use for them too and handle the pop-ups hehe. And the fact that, my pc has never been infected with any malware since I started using this combo, knock on wood.
And yep, I do use Zemana Anti-Malware too sometimes, EEK, TDSSKiller, NPE, CCE, Stinger, hence the ....
About visiting malicious sites, ta, Umbra sir :) gonna always keep in mind.
And yes, about backup, all ur suggestions duly noted. :)
Thanks, OokamiCreed mate and jamescv7 sir :)

As they say in Game of Thrones, Winter is coming... But for me, Windows 10 is coming :D
A man cannot wait for Game of Thrones season 6, but he can certainly wait for win10 :p
Till then, Valar whateveris i.e all men must wait :oops:

Last edited:

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
anyone please delete this thread. gotta repost my security config again. As you can see, it's vanished lolz...all my security configurations

P.S:- Ok, I know now that edit option is available

Last edited:
Reactions: Evandro and AtlBo

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Reactions: AtlBo and Evandro

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.