Poll Who here is upgrading to the new iPhone 15?

Which iPhone 15?

• iPhone 15

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • iPhone 15 Plus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iPhone 15 Pro

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • iPhone 15 Pro Max

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Not upgrading from iPhone 14 (or older)

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Not switching from current Android phone

Votes: 27 55.1%

• Total voters

MindaugasJ

Level 2
May 25, 2022
Android person (Galaxy S23 Ultra at the moment) here. Tried a few iPhones in the past like the iPhone X, 12 Pro Max and 13 Pro. Not for me.

The ease of transferring photos / music / videos by simply plugging the phone to my computer vs iTunes sync and the ease of organizing things into folders on Android does it for me no matter what the iPhones bring to the table.

I wouldn't do iPhone even if they gave it to me for free. I can't stand the way they handle files. I have a large collection of photos all organized in sub folders. When I copy them to the phone, it ignores the folder hierarchy and just dumps them in one folder. If you want to put them in albums you have to do it on they phone itself which would take me months doing it on a small phone and I wouldn't be able to know which photo goes where anyway.

Another annoying thing is if you edit a video, and hit ok, you think you're done but it is actually still saving it in the background with no progress bar so when you try to share that video on Instagram for example, you wouldn't be able to select it and have to keep trying every few mins until the edit is done then only can you select it.

This was on my previous iPhone 12 Pro MAX and iPhone 13 Pro. Now my gym partner has the iPhone 14 Pro Max and she faces the exact same issue. I don't know how anyone can use that piece of ##### OS!
Also using S23 Ultra, very good phone. Good battery life, screen, camera. Only thing I don't like about S23 Ultra is those corners. Beside that - it is perfect phone right now.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
you need another category: I'm on the fence... ie, undecided.
currently have an 11 pro. I used to get a new iphone every 2 years, but then when 5G came along, my service area service area did not offer 5G so I waited a year. So definitely time for me to pony up for 15 pro, but now working with a reduced budget :(

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
you need another category: I'm on the fence... ie, undecided.
currently have an 11 pro. I used to get a new iphone every 2 years, but then when 5G came along, my service area service area did not offer 5G so I waited a year. So definitely time for me to pony up for 15 pro, but now working with a reduced budget :(
From 11 Pro to 15 Pro the difference is quite big and the upgrade is reasonable. From 14 to 15 not reasonable at all.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I have an iPhone SE 2020 the battery health is 77% i need a replacement for this i dont have any problem with it, if i have good money i would keep the 13 or 14 instead of the new iPhone as you can read commenter opinion here obviously.

edit

Have you tried 3uTools?
Take your iphone se 2020 to the nearby apple store to have them replace the battery for ~$100.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Have you tried reset the internet settings? If you update iOS 17 from iOS 16 that must be problem, i would suggest Install it as fresh..
That decreased Safari performance after update has been an issue for me for years, I thought it was my imagination. When iPhone is new, Safari feels snappy and amazing. After a while, it’s not the same.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
was running iphone 11 Pro, got an ok upgrade deal and iphone 15 pro arrived. The setup was very easy UNTIL... first thing it did was update to iOS 17.0.3 which apparently helps with "hot iphone" issue. But I stumbled into 3d-party bug during setup: I had added NFC yubi keys to two factor authentication for my AppleID account earlier this year, which worked great on 11, but it borked the last phase of setup on 15. :sick: Something did not transfer over from 11 to 15 re yubikey and I was locked out of my AppleID account. Was on phone with Apple Senior tech for 75 min. We finally worked around it by deleting the yubikeys from the AppleID account using the settings on the 11. What is "interesting" the overall setup process had reached a stage where it had already suggested erasing the 11. :unsure: I thought that was premature, and sure enough, if I had done that erasure, I might have been forever locked out of decade+ of iphone data. I knew just enough tech to avoid that disaster (by not erasing the 11). Apple asserts it has ZERO responsibility for yubikey snafu's. Something to aware of. I assume I am not the only one who used yubikey with iphone...

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
was running iphone 11 Pro, got an ok upgrade deal and iphone 15 pro arrived. The setup was very easy UNTIL... first thing it did was update to iOS 17.0.3 which apparently helps with "hot iphone" issue. But I stumbled into 3d-party bug during setup: I had added NFC yubi keys to two factor authentication for my AppleID account earlier this year, which worked great on 11, but it borked the last phase of setup on 15. :sick: Something did not transfer over from 11 to 15 re yubikey and I was locked out of my AppleID account. Was on phone with Apple Senior tech for 75 min. We finally worked around it by deleting the yubikeys from the AppleID account using the settings on the 11. What is "interesting" the overall setup process had reached a stage where it had already suggested erasing the 11. :unsure: I thought that was premature, and sure enough, if I had done that erasure, I might have been forever locked out of decade+ of iphone data. I knew just enough tech to avoid that disaster (by not erasing the 11). Apple asserts it has ZERO responsibility for yubikey snafu's. Something to aware of. I assume I am not the only one who used yubikey with iphone...
I don’t use yubikey, but I do always double check all my 2 factor accounts before erasing an old phone. Pain in the butt, but worth the peace of mind.

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
Definitely not me. I voted for "not switching from current Android phone". I'm a Pixel 7 user and I really enjoy this phone. Maybe next year, when the prices are lower, I'll switch to Pixel 8.

Reactions: CyberTech and Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.