Poll Who here is upgrading to the new iPhone 15?

Which iPhone 15?

• iPhone 15

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • iPhone 15 Plus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iPhone 15 Pro

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • iPhone 15 Pro Max

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Not upgrading from iPhone 14 (or older)

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Not switching from current Android phone

Votes: 27 55.1%

• Total voters

Spartan

Level 3
Verified
Apr 15, 2019
Android person (Galaxy S23 Ultra at the moment) here. Tried a few iPhones in the past like the iPhone X, 12 Pro Max and 13 Pro. Not for me.

The ease of transferring photos / music / videos by simply plugging the phone to my computer vs iTunes sync and the ease of organizing things into folders on Android does it for me no matter what the iPhones bring to the table.

I wouldn't do iPhone even if they gave it to me for free. I can't stand the way they handle files. I have a large collection of photos all organized in sub folders. When I copy them to the phone, it ignores the folder hierarchy and just dumps them in one folder. If you want to put them in albums you have to do it on they phone itself which would take me months doing it on a small phone and I wouldn't be able to know which photo goes where anyway.

Another annoying thing is if you edit a video, and hit ok, you think you're done but it is actually still saving it in the background with no progress bar so when you try to share that video on Instagram for example, you wouldn't be able to select it and have to keep trying every few mins until the edit is done then only can you select it.

This was on my previous iPhone 12 Pro MAX and iPhone 13 Pro. Now my gym partner has the iPhone 14 Pro Max and she faces the exact same issue. I don't know how anyone can use that piece of ##### OS!

Last edited:

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
No need for that.

I went on a whim to upgrade from the 13 Pro Max to the 14 Pro Max ...
I saw what Apple was offering on the 15, I wouldn't have any use for it... Especially since my 14 Pro Max is only 3 months old! :D

iPhone 16 with not

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I will not be upgrading this year as the 15/15 Pro Max are highly unimpressive. They've added USB-C (I don't care about that as everything I need is always on iCloud), Action button (useless), better performance and cameras (already quite good). Majority of enhancements are in iOS 17 and I already use that anyway. I will upgrade next year.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Android person (Galaxy S23 Ultra at the moment) here. Tried a few iPhones in the past like the iPhone X, 12 Pro Max and 13 Pro. Not for me.

The ease of transferring photos / music / videos by simply plugging the phone to my computer vs iTunes sync and the ease of organizing things into folders on Android does it for me no matter what the iPhones bring to the table.
You can actually transfer photos from the Iphone by plugging it in a Windows machine. No need for iTunes... The lightning connection was more of a problem actually.

I recently returned to IPhone after 10+ years using Android and I am actually liking it.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Just noticed I didn't actually answer the question.

I see no reason to upgrade if you have an Iphone 12+ unless your current phone has battery problems or some other problem or if you want to play arcade games with Raytracing in a phone screen. I currently own an Iphone 14 PM and will consider upgrading in 4 or more models unless something fantastic is announced in the next years or my battery suffers a sudden death.

Even on Android phones I see no reason to upgrade every model... if you have an S22 Ultra, for instance, the S23 Ultra didn't bring anything that amazing besides a better battery life and from what I'm reading about the S24 it also won't bring anything extraordinary that would make me consider upgrading.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Skipping this one as it doesn't seem to offer any interesting changes. Updating cpu, camera and screen a bit is not something I care at this point.

Currently for me an update will happen when my phone stop supporting the latest OS version, or I break it.

Last edited:

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
My grandson broke it's iPhone 8. So I gave him my iPhone 13 and bought an iPhone 14 Pro. I'm good for the next four years. All my family is with Apple: I'm the only one who has a PC. I resist!

Reactions: Nevi

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
I have an iPhone SE 2020 the battery health is 77% i need a replacement for this i dont have any problem with it, if i have good money i would keep the 13 or 14 instead of the new iPhone as you can read commenter opinion here obviously.

edit

I wouldn't do iPhone even if they gave it to me for free. I can't stand the way they handle files. I have a large collection of photos all organized in sub folders. When I copy them to the phone, it ignores the folder hierarchy and just dumps them in one folder. If you want to put them in albums you have to do it on they phone itself which would take me months doing it on a small phone and I wouldn't be able to know which photo goes where anyway.

Another annoying thing is if you edit a video, and hit ok, you think you're done but it is actually still saving it in the background with no progress bar so when you try to share that video on Instagram for example, you wouldn't be able to select it and have to keep trying every few mins until the edit is done then only can you select it.

This was on my previous iPhone 12 Pro MAX and iPhone 13 Pro. Now my gym partner has the iPhone 14 Pro Max and she faces the exact same issue. I don't know how anyone can use that piece of ##### OS!
Have you tried 3uTools?

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Not me :) besides the downsides of the Apple app-space* the health risks of Apple phones are immense

I am aware that the benefits of Apple app-space is that it is more secure than Android-app space and I am also aware that the suicide incidents at Foxxcon (Chinese factory of Apple) seem to have stopped (meaning there are no ethical reasons to not buy an Apple anymore).

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.