who here use ubuntu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
elliotcroft said:
win7holic said:
ok.. thx all guys.. you are very detail give to me description :)
and all about ubuntu (linux)
i'll try to install on my OLD machine use celeron 1,7GHz and 1,5GB ram with intel graphic chipshet family 256MB
i hope this work on my oLD machine..
what you think? work as well or problem on VGA?
I recommend Lubuntu for older machines.

ok.
thx bro i'l check your link and read that ^^

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
elliotcroft said:
Since it runs in RAM, it doesn't matter much that it runs all users as root because you can just reboot and it's all back to normal.

Yes it run by RAM so as long I saved the session and boot using usb again the session that I saved will be used again.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
jamescv7 said:
elliotcroft said:
Since it runs in RAM, it doesn't matter much that it runs all users as root because you can just reboot and it's all back to normal.

Yes it run by RAM so as long I saved the session and boot using usb again the session that I saved will be used again.

run by ram..? mean?
hmm.. we cant save some work or file..? or?

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
win7holic said:
jamescv7 said:
elliotcroft said:

run by ram..? mean?
hmm.. we cant save some work or file..? or?
Everything saved to the device on which PuppyLinux was installed at a point of it running would not be saved without user confirmation, though I believe that this could only be done everything at a time, which means that if you want something saved to the device, you would need to specifically say so.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Just to clarify when a first bootup of puppy linux and make a shutdown it will show you if you want to save a session then you will choose which hard disk will you save the session and it will tell you that you need a usb in order to boot and retrieve the file that you save the session.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
that, just on puppy linux ? not on ubuntu..? :p
hmm..
my plan.. i want use ubuntu.. and make sure all about that.. i know now it because you all my friend :)
thx to all

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So in Puppy Linux if you want more application to download and install you need more RAM for more storage.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Ubuntu 11.04 was released on April 28, 2011.

Link

i know.. but i mean is.. when release stable version..?
you said.. from their forums.. unstable..?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
That's a stable version well a member there was complaining that was unstable but if other members at MalwareTips using Ubuntu and no problems then its stable.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
jamescv7 said:
That's a stable version well a member there was complaining that was unstable but if other members at MalwareTips using Ubuntu and no problems then its stable.

oh.. ok then :)
hmm..
i want download again now.. i have it on old.. but old machine cant burn file :(

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If on other machine have Windows you can install ubuntu there with wubi. If not you can use USB for bootable it.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
jamescv7 said:
If on other machine have Windows you can install ubuntu there with wubi. If not you can use USB for bootable it.

hmm..
i want put on bootable CD on SARDU.. all in one :)
i dont want spent money to buy USB or CD's again.. on sardu disc.. have lot space :p
thx for tip bro

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its your choice as long it will boot ubuntu, any usb even old can be use as long the ISO will met the free space of usb.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
win7holic said:
ubuntu users.. predict.. when ubuntu release stable version?

I haven't seen any stability issues with 11.04, but I'm not running the new Unity desktop.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Ubuntu 11.04 was undergo with beta so its supposed that all bugs are fixed through beta and become a stable version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.