App Review Who Reviews the Pro Reviewers?

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Great video, I think it is accurate (considering the product used)...but why use Windows 7 and not 10?

IDK, I just think everyone should test in 10...since it is the newest. And the newest version of Word?

And no, you don't need to re-do the test, but when I see Windows 7, I cringe ;P Those were some horrible years of malware cleanup.

Sorry for sounding like the negative person in the bunch. Thanks for the video!

Last edited:

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Motox- Not negative at all! The reason I use Win7 is that Microsoft OS's other than Win10 are still the most widely used. The current projection is that Win10 will not exceed the market share of XP, 7, or 8 until November of this year (based on Market Share data from August 1018). It always saddens me that so many did not take advantage of the free Win10 upgrade (which I agree is the more secure Windows OS), but instead listened to and believed the "Microsoft is Monitoring you with Win10" nonsense and stayed with the lesser version of the OS.

As far as the version of Word I use- simple reason here- I couldn't find my Office 2016 disk (Ophelia probably gave it to one of her feline friends) when I set up my main VM. But as I just use it to open a Doc file, it really does not matter that I use Word 2007 vs Word 2016 as there is no intrinsic difference in opening a file.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

always saddens me that so many did not take advantage of the free Win10 upgrade (which I agree is the more secure Windows OS), but instead listened to and believed the "Microsoft is Monitoring you with Win10" nonsense and stayed with the lesser version of the OS.
You know why, because people are lazy sheep fearing the unknown and unable to use their brains, they prefer to listen and parrot some blog self-proclaimed experts instead of verifying the facts by themselves.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
You know why, because people are lazy sheep fearing the unknown and unable to use their brains, they prefer to listen and parrot some blog self-proclaimed experts instead of verifying the facts by themselves.
I'm one of those... but Msoft lied to me. After I upgraded my "compatible" system to W10, I discovered that there was no video driver available for my card, and that the generic driver Msoft obligingly provided would not allow me to sleep or hibernate my machine... that... and the general bogginess of the system led me to reimage.

On my snappy lappy, I got through 99% of the upgrade before the notice that "something went wrong" appeared. Fed up, I reimaged back to 8.1 which I am content to continue using.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Can we see a video with your voice commentary like Leo does?

The reason I don't speak is that over half my viewers are from non-English speaking countries; and I know from personal experience that for understanding it is easier to read than to hear. Also if I spoke I would go off on tangents (trust me on that!!!) and each video would extend to a few hours...

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
The reason I don't speak is that over half my viewers are from non-English speaking countries; and I know from personal experience that for understanding it is easier to read than to hear. Also if I spoke I would go off on tangents (trust me on that!!!) and each video would extend to a few hours...
Fully @cruelsister, reading, I understand something in English. But listening, I do not know anything. Leave it as you do. It is easier for everyone.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.