whois privacy concern

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
i googled my email and theres a few domains that show my name and address like whois sites is there anyway to remove this i tried contacting webmaster but they no remove it :( im really worried that people who know my email can jsut find out where i live and stuff :(

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
That is a bit of a worry. Not sure what to do. I tried mine and lucky for me nothing.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
theres not alot of websites with my info on but a whois of my old domain brings up my name and address, its illegal to do anything with that info anyway and i think its impossible to remove it from every whois site

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Your domain provider may charge a fee for WHOIS Opt-Out, but your Name, Address and Contacts will be removed. Remember search engines may have a cached copy.

Alternate options:
Create a new Email Account.
- Head over to Outlook.com to create a new email account and use the Alias account options to use on different sites.
- Transfer any sites/logins used by that email to your new account or alias Outlook.com account.
- Never share your Alias accounts with anyone, except the site you're using it on.

How to remove WHOIS database information and protect your online privacy
http://uk.reputation.com/reputation...e-information-and-protect-your-online-privacy

Remove information from Google
https://support.google.com/websearch/troubleshooter/3111061?hl=en

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
the links didnt really help i jsut want to remove the info yet theres no way of doing that on eithger link

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
i dnt even know who i registered the domain with it was that long ago :(

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.