3link9

Level 5
Verified
The last few years trend has only been improving its web guard and its quality of signatures never really improved but this year trend really made a massive overhaul and I like it.
 

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
I'm really socked to see Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security with 100%..... How could they get such a good score?.....
Last time I've tried a Trend Micro product , I was impressed by the web guard however when I've tried to throw some malware at it, this product didn't do that great....
Did Trend Micro added a behavior blocker,hips,file reputation or auto-sandbox to the products? How could they block 100% of the malware with just an antivirus and a web guard?Did I miss something? :)

PS. Another bad result for Webroot.......... ;)
 

MalwareVirus

New Member
Jack said:
I'm really socked to see Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security with 100%..... How could they get such a good score?.....
Last time I've tried a Trend Micro product , I was impressed by the web guard however when I've tried to throw some malware at it, this product didn't do that great....
Did Trend Micro added a behavior blocker,hips,file reputation or auto-sandbox to the products? How could they block 100% of the malware with just an antivirus and a web guard?Did I miss something? :)

PS. Another bad result for Webroot.......... ;)
i m agree about your concern over Trenmicro,F-Secure its ok,G Data its ok but Trend Micro ???
Somthing wrong in this review"Daal mei Kuch Kala hai"
 

3link9

Level 5
Verified
MalwareVirus said:
Jack said:
I'm really socked to see Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security with 100%..... How could they get such a good score?.....
Last time I've tried a Trend Micro product , I was impressed by the web guard however when I've tried to throw some malware at it, this product didn't do that great....
Did Trend Micro added a behavior blocker,hips,file reputation or auto-sandbox to the products? How could they block 100% of the malware with just an antivirus and a web guard?Did I miss something? :)

PS. Another bad result for Webroot.......... ;)
i m agree about your concern over Trenmicro,F-Secure its ok,G Data its ok but Trend Micro ???
Somthing wrong in this review"Daal mei Kuch Kala hai"
Well from what I seen by both user and my tests, These tests have been making sense. Trend Micro really has improved from its recent 2013 release, GData I haven't really researched, and F-Secure is doing pretty well. You guys got to see that because a product performed bad in the past doesn't mean it will not improve.
For example, Symantec made a major overhaul in 2009 to Norton and it was getting top scores then it was before. Same goes for Bitdefender, It was performing average a couple of years ago and now its a top program.
 

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Before everyone comes to an conclusion these results were for only the month of Sept 2012. Results will change from month to month.

Here is the result from Jan 2012 to Sept 2012:



Enjoy!!:D
 

Spirit

New Member
I still don't understand how bitdefender get such a good score in every test whereas at our forum its testing result remain same or below compare to other av.

Please note this is not my view::p

While reading one forum i found a reply there about TM getting 100% score

100% and it will slow your computer to a slow sputter. The only reason that it got 100% is because it slowed the computer to a crawl and couldn't download any malware
 

McLovin

Level 73
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Stranger said:
Please note this is not my view::p

While reading one forum i found a reply there about TM getting 100% score

100% and it will slow your computer to a slow sputter. The only reason that it got 100% is because it slowed the computer to a crawl and couldn't download any malware
That is something really need to improve, but still glad to see Trend up there :D
 

MalwareVirus

New Member
3link9 said:
Well from what I seen by both user and my tests, These tests have been making sense. Trend Micro really has improved from its recent 2013 release, GData I haven't really researched, and F-Secure is doing pretty well. You guys got to see that because a product performed bad in the past doesn't mean it will not improve.
For example, Symantec made a major overhaul in 2009 to Norton and it was getting top scores then it was before. Same goes for Bitdefender, It was performing average a couple of years ago and now its a top program.
Actually i m firsted too see its ad while every time i use Spybot search & desroy.:D
 

bitbizket

Level 3
Littlebits said:
samit said:
can anyone tell me does escan use their own engine or something else...
It uses Kaspersky scanning engine just like ZoneAlarm.

Thanks.:D
Wasn't it BitDefender engine SDK + eScan's own engine.? I think i've read it somewhere before. They used to have Kaspersky as their former engine. Maybe i'm wrong.. i'm not totally sure actually.

:D
 

Littlebits

Retired Staff
bitbizket said:
Littlebits said:
samit said:
can anyone tell me does escan use their own engine or something else...
It uses Kaspersky scanning engine just like ZoneAlarm.

Thanks.:D
Wasn't it BitDefender engine SDK + eScan's own engine.? I think i've read it somewhere before. They used to have Kaspersky as their former engine. Maybe i'm wrong.. i'm not totally sure actually.

:D
After doing some more research, I'm confused to which engine they are currently using. Some reports say that used Kaspersky then switched to BitDefender, then went back to Kaspersky because of some problems.

I can't find any info on their site to confirm which engine they are currently using.

Thanks.:D
 
Top