SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I don't like someone to be able to know what i do when i do when i am not posting something. I enable invisible mode in any forum that gives me the option.

W

Wave

Thread author
I don't like someone to be able to know what i do when i do when i am not posting something. I enable invisible mode in any forum that gives me the option.
Sometimes I might get a PM or someone might quote me and I might enable invisible mode temporarily and go quiet so they think I'm just away so I have time to prepare a proper reply lool :D

Like they'll think I just don't know the answer, I'll wait 3 days and come back with an A-grade essay mwahahaha.. if you know then you know babyyyyyy lool :D :p

Last edited by a moderator:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Sometimes I might get a PM or someone might quote me and I might enable invisible mode temporarily and go quiet so they think I'm just away so I have time to prepare a proper reply lool :D

Like they'll think I just don't know the answer, I'll wait 3 days and come back with an A-grade essay mwahahaha.. if you know then you know :D :p
Tbh i find weird the way this forums logs. I don't see the point why anyone could see everything i liked and the exact time i did. Makes 0 sense in my mind.
So you either don't like anything or your privacy is basically gone. Pretty weird in my mind but maybe i am alone in this opinion.

EDIT: I was wrong. Apparently changing the privacy settings under People Who May solves the problem.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
This is exactly why, honestly. People that pay too close attention to other users' activity.
There's a difference in "paying too close attention to other user's activities" & "be attentive":D:p

To be fair, it can turn into an addictive habit to click the avatar and see what thread/what someone is viewing even if you don't even care... I find myself doing it too often without realizing. :p
I dont see any loss with the habit;)...ONLY GAIN:D...what all have you gained yet:p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
In Privacy, there are 2 separate settings:
  • Show your online status
    • This will allow other people to see when you are online.
  • Show your current activity
    • This will allow other people to see what page you are currently viewing.
You're not actually invisible to Staff. :eek:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015

Like they'll think I just don't know the answer, I'll wait 3 days and come back with an A-grade essay mwahahaha.. if you know then you know babyyyyyy lool :D :p
Forum Ninja :p

It's a troll cloaking device...
rofl, how true :p

I want my pals to know I'm here and accessable ;)

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Like "Follow", "Friends" option would be good with an option to visible to friends only, wot say:)
Like if you add someone as "Friends" he/she can see you BUT you cant see someone if you are not in his/her "Friends" list.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Personally I have never had a problem showing my online status in any forum I have ever been a part of.
However like we have been discussing in another thread you do have a right to privacy so there are many options within the Xenforo platform that address these concerns.
I consider following someone the same as a friends option if there were such an option.
You have to understand that you cannot just add something new.This requires addons/mods to the platform.
However as @Spawn said staff can see everyone online.
It is not "Big Brother" watching you but something that is built into the forum software.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.