Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
hwhdf6t1ybpe0pwd6ygd.gif

Chrome may be the best browser around, but it eats up your PC’s RAM like prawns at Christmas. If you’ve ever looked at your task manager, you’ve probably flipped out at the sheer number of Chrome processes and the memory they hog. Here’s why Chrome uses so much RAM, and how to curb its gluttony.

More here

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you @venustus!:):) This was a very informative article which left me feeling better about Chrome, something every Chrome user enjoys!:rolleyes::D
I have never experienced that with chrome.I use linux if that makes any difference.?
I think we can agree, linux makes a great deal of difference, though before today I couldn't quite explain why I've preferred Chrome when used on linux distros. In fact, this explains one reason I've felt Chrome to be the better performer (in my humble experience) on lubuntu rather than my good old friend, that orange fox whom is still my best browsing friend on Windows!:cool:

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
But really... Who gives a damn about RAM when all laptops/PC come with minimum 6 - 8 GB of RAM?
If you buy a car you're going to drive it or let it stand in the garage? Same applies for RAM :)

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
But really... Who gives a damn about RAM when all laptops/PC come with minimum 6 - 8 GB of RAM?
If you buy a car you're going to drive it or let it stand in the garage? Same applies for RAM :)
You won't believe how many people think that high RAM usage equals bad performance and less RAM usage equals good performance... :mad:

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I have been using Chrome for years now without any slowdown issues. Before that I was using Firefox. Chrome is way faster, simpler and better.

Reactions: Venustus and enaph
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.