Status
Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
This is the first thing i do :) create a clean backup of the system with all updates
Although I use a backup solution and regularly backup all my files to an external hard drive . I do like the feel of a virgin OS if you will. I agree with the clean install thinking and clean backup with an updated system also as @ reyes posted in the quote above. I have OEM Windows 7 licenses so its not a problem doing a complete reformat and install on Windows 7.As for my programs,I do not install very many.Those that require licenses that info is saved to an external drive and as for the others I have done it so many times that I can remember all of them off the top of my head.However you do it,some kind of backup solution or plan is imperative.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hi! @jamescv7 Do you still have that problem???

Unfortunately I cannot solve that problem as it wrecked the BIOS feature of boot sequence however it can run bootable by so called automatic detection but seems rather uselss already and currently no longer using that laptop ;) (Due to monitor screen issue)

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Unfortunately I cannot solve that problem as it wrecked the BIOS feature of boot sequence however it can run bootable by so called automatic detection but seems rather uselss already and currently no longer using that laptop ;) (Due to monitor screen issue)
OK thanks for your reply!

Reactions: jamescv7
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.