Why do you use the Anti-Virus you're using?

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
I like both Bitdefender and Kaspersky.

At the moment I'm using Bitdefender because it's lighter than Kaspersky and it uses less battery too on my notebook, and it's cheaper here in Brazil.

One thing that I specially like about Bitdefender is their privacy policy, GDPR EU in all countries they work, not like Kaspersky which changes data collection by country.

But they're both great suites to me, my favorites, with different approaches.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
As I still have a licence for Norton 360 I removed KIS & installed Norton yesterday for no other reason other than to see how it goes, it runs very well - One thing I really do like about Norton is the Firewall & how easy it is to block a certain program without jumping through hoops. I think I'll leave Norton on this main PC for a while :):)

MegenM

Level 3
Well-known
Jun 8, 2020
I am currently using Bitdefender, as:

* Total Security can protect up to ten devices (Windows, Android, iOS, and Mac).
* One Bitdefender Central Account to monitor and schedule scans on all my devices.
* I like Safe Folder, Microphone Monitor, and Anti-Tracker extension as addon security features.
* Very affordable pricing

On another note:
I have an old Dell Laptop that runs on Win 7 OS. The system has very low hardware specification and Bitdefender rejected to install. So, I managed to install Avira antivirus on it and it is working without any issues or added slowdowns.
I hope anyone who is in a situation like this will find this helpful.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.