Why do you use the Anti-Virus you're using?

Huchim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
Parental Control in the upcoming K2020 has been dropped, now You have the option to install manually -> Protection for Kids:
This is pretty bad, how I will be able to block acces to certain websites? and I found very useful to block downloads for applications for other users with the in-build parental control.
The safe kids has this features?

beavisviruses

Level 3
Verified
Oct 8, 2018
1.- ESET - IMO hard to beat light, does the job, configurable firewall, licences can be had quite cheaply, used it for many years & never let me down. I install it on mainly people's from work on PC's that are often pretty slow, no complaints from them.

I also find KIS just as good if not better in some respects. Panda DOME, really good but interferes with my VPN & can't use it with Shadow Defender or I would use it. Emsisoft another AV that is to me very usable, little concerned about it protection lately & performance hit. Finally, I acquired some (legal) licences for Norton Deluxe, not used Norton for many (many) years but now it's quite brilliant (shock), hard to fault. I like G-Data but the firewall is bug ridden & even support can't sort it, but if it were not for that would use.

I do think that most AV's these days are OK & our preferred AV are often based on the GUI & how it feels to us - Most people who don't inhabit these forums don't care at all which AV they use, but lots pay a fortune for auto renewals. I do try and rescue such people.
kaspersky is the best av in the market, in zero day protection

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I installed Forticlient as my AV based off the fact it's reliable, the web filter is one of the best in it's class, this is also factually backed up by @Evjl's Rain tests, has Anti-Exploit free & updates for this product hash out any bugs that maybe prevalent.

~LDogg

low L!fe

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
I prefer McAfee Antivirus Plus because
Unlimited Devices and am comfortable with mcafee.
Nice New logo and Interface
Best Performance
Great Web Protection McAfee Site Adviser

I like too Bitdefender

Last edited:

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
SEPC is great. I recommend it to all business owners I run into. The price is unbeatable as well. I haven't run into anyone I recommended it to that has had a compromised machine. The ML modules in SEPC are vastly improved in this last year as you can see if you test it and get the ML hits on a lot of junk.
Broadcom rekt this product what a shame .
Was cheap now has a few more features and name but 4 times the price !
Wasn't the renewal/ login issues enough of a hassle ?
Broadcom why

Reactions: roger_m

XLR8R

Level 4
Jan 20, 2020
Used many AV products over the years. All of my family computers are protected by either BullGuard, AVG, eScan or BitDefender.

For younger populations/gamer types, BullGuard is the best bet because it is very non-intrusive and the Game Booster works well. It also silently upgrades itself, which is a big bonus.

eScan is good for older folks/business computers. It has this "just works" functionality and protects well without interrupting the WORK of the user. It is butter smooth, and works very well on lower-spec computers.

BitDefender is probably better for college students, it has a good autopilot feature which allows grad/college students to work without bothering too much about the alerts. It also has good web protection, and is reasonably light (2020 onwards).

AVG, well, I use it on a couple of machines but I am on the verge of getting rid of it. It is a product for home use only, and you'd best not have mission-critical stuff on a computer that runs AVG. Bugs galore, and apparently AVG keeps messing with Citrix Workspace from time to time due to which it "loses" several essential files. However, it is the only product (along with Avast) that includes a VPN in a suite package at a reasonable price. And that VPN is pretty good too, so it is more suited for users who are doing a lot of web activities.

While recommending AV products I have always looked at the intended use of the machine where it will be installed, and so far every target population with the appropriate AV has been satisfied.

Personally, I prefer only BullGuard or eScan.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.