Why do you use the Anti-Virus you're using?

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
Any Antivirus that doesn't promise or offer a total security or a bunch of features when they have premium version, and they offer a lot of features in Free Version. (Avast, 360 Total Security (Qihoo), AVG) they are excluided from my list, never install them in any computer can be from friend, family never. « Because you are the product, and that is a shame, I don't want to be a product and seeing these "antivirus" selling my data to pay their servers.

Right now, I'm using Windows Defender.
But generally I use ESET, Kaspersky or GData. (For me the best Antivirus suite are BitDefender, Kaspersky, ESET, GData and Emsisoft).

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
a trustworthy company from a trustworthy country. i mean, if the hell's angels made an AV solution, who would be ignorant enough to use it? if a person lived in a country where they could be killed or imprisoned for having a particular political or religious belief, and that country had an AV solution that scanned your system and uploaded it for analysis ... you could end up dead. in some of those countries, the government has complete access to all that data. and in others, someone working at the AV could report you for something on your system that violates some blasphemy laws. with me, I don't have to worry about that dynamic, but still, why would I support such an AV? and on a level that does affect me ... imagine if north Korea made an AV, and we know that they are hacking bitcoin exchanges, would you use such an AV if you had bitcoin, or were doing online banking, or etc? I've always suspected that there is a small group of people that have had their bitcoin lifted from their systems, that run suspect software from untrustworthy companies. and they don't even know what happened, only that they were hacked. and possibly hacked by software that they paid for, lol. the irony.

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
a trustworthy company from a trustworthy country. i mean, if the hell's angels made an AV solution, who would be ignorant enough to use it? if a person lived in a country where they could be killed or imprisoned for having a particular political or religious belief, and that country had an AV solution that scanned your system and uploaded it for analysis ... you could end up dead. in some of those countries, the government has complete access to all that data. and in others, someone working at the AV could report you for something on your system that violates some blasphemy laws. with me, I don't have to worry about that dynamic, but still, why would I support such an AV? and on a level that does affect me ... imagine if north Korea made an AV, and we know that they are hacking bitcoin exchanges, would you use such an AV if you had bitcoin, or were doing online banking, or etc? I've always suspected that there is a small group of people that have had their bitcoin lifted from their systems, that run suspect software from untrustworthy companies. and they don't even know what happened, only that they were hacked. and possibly hacked by software that they paid for, lol. the irony.
They have one.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.