Advice Request Why does Kaspersky update the database not frequently?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

marcopaone

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 15, 2016
Hi, It's been known for days now that Kaspersky updates its database a few times a day compared to other competitors.
In the photos you can see what I have described, 6 hours and 20 minutes without an update.
In this moment 4 hours and 15 minutes without updates.
What is your opinion about it?
Look the pic.

aaaaaa.png

Last edited:

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Hi, It's been known for days now that Kaspersky updates its database a few times a day compared to other competitors.
In the photos you can see what I have described, 6 hours and 20 minutes without an update.
In this moment 4 hours and 15 minutes without updates.
What is your opinion about it?
Look the pic.

View attachment 202880
They don't hurry for signatures..moreover you will be protected with their pro active modules + KSN.
UDS are majority of K detections from what i have seen. Trust me you will be protected whatsoever !

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
The reported time isnt read from your computer, it is from the Russian time zone and it isnt updated as often as the database itself.

Check the update logs and you will see that Kaspersky actually has been updated, so nothing to worry about ...

Ps: The update frequency is every two hours.

dash

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2018
Also, during the Update an arrow down shows up in the Kaspersky Icon.
But that's during an update attempt as well. The systray icon can mislead.

I agree with lobo001, let the user decide if they want to be notified or not.

Reactions: lobo001

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.