Why Google is ditching search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Why Google is ditching search - topic for Google current and former fans!

Why Google is ditching search: on news.cnet.com: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57358850-93/why-google-is-ditching-search/?tag=mncol;1n

QUOTE:
'There has been a huge maelstrom about Google integrating Google+ into its search links. And it all misses the point.'
'The most interesting aspect of Google's move, however, is its tacit acknowledgement that its stalwart search links are largely irrelevant and might as well be replaced with social results. Google search results are essentially gamed results produced by search optimizers.'
'.. searches are mostly just producing ads by any other name.'
'.. Google well knows that its search results suck, and over the past few years, it has started to short-circuit those results by putting more and more direct "answers" at the top search pages. That, of course, makes the search results themselves less and less important.'

And read comments, please ..
- Eg.:
'SHOCK! HORROR!
Google's search results are adverts!!

And in other news..
Water is wet
The sun will set tonight
etc..

Oh, and Google is the world's biggest search engine optimiser, so their shift from links to answers will result in... answers paid for by Google advertisers.'
Posted by Galeforce10'

Another comment, from venturebeat.com: 'So essentially Google is a glorified Yellow Pages.' - signed by 'debonair'.

I have said (in Jack's topic 'Google admits to pocketing profits from ads on seamy sites': http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Google-admits-to-pocketing-profits-from-ads-on-seamy-sites ) that:

'I use Google's search engine for my malware sites search only.
For everyday's web search, I use Privatelee and DuckDuckGo searches (with WOT implemented).
I have also Bing (for pictures of the day), then I use Blekko and Thumbshots.net.'
;)

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
As long as i find what i want i don't really care how they present it to me.

oh, and you shouldn't give traffic to Cnet. They support SOPA.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
'..you shouldn't give traffic to Cnet. They support SOPA.' - iPanik, I agree with you on that!

Because this story originally appeared on CNET, then ..:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.