why i cannot Enable push Notifications from my account preferences ?

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Hi gents
i cannot enable push notifications from malware tips site although Notification is enabled for both site settings and google chrome application in windows settings as below screen shots

1580544968380.png
1580545083761.png

also Enable push notifications is deemed in my preferences
1580545277993.png

anybody have any idea about the cause of this problem :unsure::unsure: ?
this problem appeared after fresh install f windows 10 may be i miss something in windows 10 settings

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hi gents
i cannot enable push notifications from malware tips site although Notification is enabled for both site settings and google chrome application in windows settings as below screen shots

View attachment 233123View attachment 233124
also Enable push notifications is deemed in my preferences
View attachment 233125
anybody have any idea about the cause of this problem :unsure::unsure: ?
this problem appeared after fresh install f windows 10 may be i miss something in windows 10 settings
Hey @DDE_Server
This has something to do with your browser settings or an extension that is installed.
If you go here: chrome://settings/content/notifications - Ask before sending (recommended) is enabled or disabled?

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Hey @DDE_Server
This has something to do with your browser settings or an extension that is installed.
If you go here: chrome://settings/content/notifications - Ask before sending (recommended) is enabled or disabled?
i have already enabled notification for MalwareTips website in chrome settings as you see in my posted screen shots (it is allow not Ask )

Reactions: [correlate]

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
i have already enabled notification for MalwareTips website in chrome settings as you see in my posted screen shots (it is allow not Ask )
The link @Jack provided also works in Opera. You should see something similar when you choose below Cookies in your screenshot, " Site settings " then " Messages ( Notifications ) ". Add MTs main link/url for allowed sites, unless it's already there. https://malwaretips.com then re-start your browser.

I can understand a point of view that it simply should work from the Key Pad/Key Lock icon, but sometime you might unknowingly have another setting somewhere that over ride/over rule what you wish for.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The link @Jack provided also works in Opera. You should see something similar when you choose below Cookies in your screenshot, " Site settings " then " Messages ( Notifications ) ". Add MTs main link/url for allowed sites, unless it's already there. https://malwaretips.com then re-start your browser.

I can understand a point of view that it simply should work from the Key Pad/Key Lock icon, but sometime you might unknowingly have another setting somewhere that over ride/over rule what you wish for.
Yes, this is what you need to do @DDE_Server.
Here's what's happening: in chrome://settings/content/notifications the Ask before sending (recommended) is disabled ( it says Blocked instead).
5.jpg

1.jpg

So because you've changed this setting, you need to scroll down on that page and in the "Allow" section add our site https://malwaretips.com/. It should work then.

3.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.