phyniks

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
As you know,they have a great quantity of users:
http://www.opswat.com/about/media/reports/antivirus-january-2014

So they receive large quantity of samples each day,maybe more than other AVs.

But they re not that good against ZeroDay malwares.I wanna know the reason....Is that because of their badd support(e.g delay on the analysis of the submitted samples) or their policy(they wait to see what other vendors do with the new files) or there are other causes.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Jack
G

Guest28

They added new Antimalware rules july 1 to better detect malware maybe it should be re-tested. I remember when MSE was first released it was one of the best av's back in 2009. It detected almost everything.

Reactions: phyniks

trainbus120

Level 10
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
I feel, its a strategy. They don't do it since they want 3rd party vendors to do this so that people like us buy their solutions to protect our Microsoft products:mad: .

Reactions: YogiTek and phyniks
D

Deleted member 178

I feel, its a strategy. They don't do it since they want 3rd party vendors to do this so that people like us buy their solutions to protect our Microsoft products:mad: .

MSE/Win8 def is not weak, it covers the most commonly encountered malwares, not the one hidden in some far east corner of the world found by some malware hunters, for that you have your local AV.

MSE cover the basics , if you want more take another one; not saying that some vendors whined when MSE was released, stating "Microsoft Monopoly"

phyniks

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013

I ve not seen any changes,Microsoft is still weak at submissions (on "malware Hub" MSE is one of the most common "missing" antivirus regarding the new samples)

Reactions: Koroke San
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.