Question Why only firefox(and forks) with its containers gives me the sense of real privacy?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Alexai

Level 3
Thread author
Aug 12, 2023
Hi!
I can explain.. I'm scared of opening instagram, gmail, fb, and others of these personal data-grabbers in the same browser. How can I do?
I would use probably Brave.
I see too that if you use the same container on "firefoxies", it's not a new container, so what I have to do? Create a thousand of them!? :|

Reactions: TairikuOkami

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hi there! Firefox's container feature is indeed useful for isolating your browsing sessions and maintaining privacy. Using different containers for each site can help prevent cross-site tracking. It might seem overwhelming at first but it's a worthwhile privacy measure. As for Brave, it's a solid choice for privacy, but lacks container feature. You can use extensions like "SessionBox" or "Cookie AutoDelete" for similar functionality.

Alexai

Level 3
Thread author
Aug 12, 2023
Ok, in Brave it can be a solution create different user profile? There's the problem you've to set brave from zero.
Hasn't Brave got "work areas" like edge or vivaldi? And those of vivaldi, are like separating accounts? So, for example, I can open two different gmail, one in area, and one in another?

TairikuOkami

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I'm scared of opening instagram, gmail, fb, and others of these personal data-grabbers in the same browser. How can I do?
Then do not? I use a separate browser for each service. I even block the rest of the internet except that service alone,

capture_04282024_113149.jpg capture_04282024_113815.jpg

You can use the same browser using a portable version. Optionally you can also use an app for each, not webapp, that is just a browser's tab.

I see too that if you use the same container on "firefoxies", it's not a new container, so what I have to do? Create a thousand of them!? :|
Chromium based browser have a similar feature like a container, but it is called an isolation. It works automatically, so you do not have to do anything once enabled.

capture_04282024_112936.jpg

Reactions: Alexai

TairikuOkami

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Apps in MS Store are like apps on the phone, they are separated and limited by permissions.

• Wow
Reactions: Alexai

Alexai

Level 3
Thread author
Aug 12, 2023
Apps in MS Store are like apps on the phone, they are separated and limited by permissions.
I didn't know the existance of them 🙏

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.