Why so many Bitdefender license giveaways?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Hello,

I seem to be seeing so many contests for it, I was wondering is there any particular reason why so many? I'm lucky enough to have won one of them and am now using Bitdefender instead of CIS.

I mean sure it's great giving away a lot of licenses to an excellent antivirus that has great detection rates, but it seems that it was way more giveaways then any other product on here.

I wish there was that many giveaways for Hitman Pro, I really want it lol.

I may be missing something, I just don't get why so many? Is it because it's actually the number one antivirus? :huh:

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
I think when BIS2013 comes with register only $0.15, then someone buys a lot of keys..... And now he/she gave the other members by the driveway.. That's Good.>!! Very good..!!

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Akash209 said:
I think when BIS2013 comes with register only $0.15, then someone buys a lot of keys..... And now he/she gave the other members by the driveway.. That's Good.>!! Very good..!!

That actually makes sense! I remember like a week ago or something it had a big sale on that costs only 13 cents for a year license. Maybe a lot of people bought a bunch of them since it's so cheap and decided to give them away here, I am lucky enough to get one of them. :D

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
They themselves giving out their buggy product for giveaways to everyone and just think they had given there product licenses like bananas (nopes banana is not so much cheaper) that people grabbed it and now making giveaways.

I think a person buy 200-300 number of licenses in price of 1 packet of cigarette :D

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Malware Man said:
I'm lucky enough to have won one of them and am now using Bitdefender instead of CIS.
It's just the PR department over at Bitdefender doing their job. 20, 30 or 100 keys is not that much for a big company like Bitdefender.
I guess, you can join a sweepstakes and win a key.

PS: Comodo Internet Security is better than Bitdefender!

Reactions: vivid and JakeXPMan

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Jack said:
Malware Man said:
I'm lucky enough to have won one of them and am now using Bitdefender instead of CIS.
It's just the PR department over at Bitdefender doing their job. 20, 30 or 100 keys is not that much for a big company like Bitdefender.

Jack its not 20.30 or 100 keys there are thousand of keys giveaway at all over tech forums :D

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
Malware Man said:
Akash209 said:

That actually makes sense! I remember like a week ago or something it had a big sale on that costs only 13 cents for a year license. Maybe a lot of people bought a bunch of them since it's so cheap and decided to give them away here, I am lucky enough to get one of them. :D

im also lucky ..!:)

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
Member said:
They themselves giving out their buggy product for giveaways to everyone and just think they had given there product licenses like bananas (nopes banana is not so much cheaper) that people grabbed it and now making giveaways.

I think a person buy 200-300 number of licenses in price of 1 packet of cigarette :D

1 Packet of Cigarette...hahah.. ur right bro..:)

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Akash209 said:
Haha.. ur absolutely right.. not 7 days.. BIS has no more after 1 day..!!!

I think more than 90% of licenses will be not used by user who grab licenses from giveaways/promo

If I remember correct few years back one can find bitdefender licenses openly on crack forums/blogs like eset today and any one can easily use them and bitdefender never bother to block them as user of these licenses were very few,the same story is being retold but now the license are genuine :D

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Member said:

Yeah, the software is a tad bit buggy.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Jack said:
Malware Man said:

Oh true, I love CIS but I just decided to give Bitdefender a go since I didn't wanna waste the key. It's been doing fine besides completely blocking my connection when I restarted after installing. But a quick change in the firewall settings fixed the problem.

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
Member said:
Akash209 said:

I think more than 90% of licenses will be not used by user who grab licenses from giveaways/promo

If I remember correct few years back one can find bitdefender licenses openly on crack forums/blogs like eset today and any one can easily use them and bitdefender never bother to block them as user of these licenses were very few,the same story is being retold but now the license are genuine :D

yah bro.. that correct.. i m also inquary like that..!! but i register the key!! :(

Here is the All Antivirus Detail of Detations...
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-K7-Total-Security-Test-biozfear14?pid=106323#pid106323 :link:

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Member said:
Akash209 said:

Well today is day 2, so far my only issue was with the firewall completely blocking my connection but I fixed it.

I

illumination

Jack said:
Malware Man said:

I have to agree with the last "PS" statement Jack..

I wonder if BD still uses Virtual Box to secure its web browser "safe browsing", i was turned off by the use of a 3rd party app, not to mention the bugs, and Fp's that as mentioned before, BD has a bad habit of deleting, leaving you missing safe files.. I understand a user can go into AV settings and switch the actions of the scanner to quarantine, but most average users will not, the will leave default settings..

Then of course there was the whole Dash Board incident that literally turned me off by the the way the BD company handled the problem, telling customers we apologize for the "encounters" you are having of signing into someone else's credentials, allowing you to see and take someone else info..

this was pretty serious, and instead of taking the servers off line, they left it up and running until they managed a fix... This is not a company i would want to trust to secure my system, just personal opinion...

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
illumination said:
Jack said:
Malware Man said:

I wonder if BD still uses Virtual Box to secure its web browser "safe browsing", i was turned off by the use of a 3rd party app, not to mention the bugs, and Fp's that as mentioned before, BD has a bad habit of deleting, leaving you missing safe files.. I understand a user can go into AV settings and switch the actions of the scanner to quarantine, but most average users will not, the will leave default settings..

Then of course there was the whole Dash Board incident that literally turned me off by the the way the BD company handled the problem, telling customers we apologize for the "encounters" you are having of signing into someone else's credentials, allowing you to see and take someone else info..

this was pretty serious, and instead of taking the servers off line, they left it up and running until they managed a fix... This is not a company i would want to trust to secure my system, just personal opinion...
Oh dear, that does not sound very good at all. I have heard a lot of bad things about Bitdefender, I am just wondering why they are rated number one if so many people have problems with them and saying it sucks. I just don't get it. Kaspersky is rated number two but I really think it's a lot better then Bitdefender, i'd take it any over it. But I am giving Bitdefender my best shot. It's not like I paid for it, so I have nothing to lose. I have a feeling I will not be keeping it for a whole year. It's scanning speed is outrageously slow.

Reactions: JakeXPMan
I

illumination

Malware Man said:
illumination said:
Jack said:
Malware Man said:

Oh dear, that does not sound very good at all. I have heard a lot of bad things about Bitdefender, I am just wondering why they are rated number one if so many people have problems with them and saying it sucks. I just don't get it. Kaspersky is rated number two but I really think it's a lot better then Bitdefender, i'd take it any over it. But I am giving Bitdefender my best shot. It's not like I paid for it, so I have nothing to lose. I have a feeling I will not be keeping it for a whole year. It's scanning speed is outrageously slow.

It really depends on where you are seeing Bitdefender is rated number 1, there are many discussions on this whole rating system in this forum, and the opinions of most members on this.. Bitdefender AV has high detection rates, there is no doubt, but the other issues are what turn me away from it..

Dashke

Level 1
Feb 3, 2012
BitDefender has good detection, I agree with that. But I think that they don't have so many users so they are selling software for a few dollars so they gain customers. Although, they are getting a lot of money for re-branding and renting engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.