New Update Why we’re renaming ‘Firefox accounts’ to ‘Mozilla accounts’

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
For many Firefox users, a Firefox account has been indispensable. It safely syncs everything from open tabs, bookmarks, history and add-ons to passwords, credit card information and saved addresses across desktop and mobile devices.

In fact, over the past few years, a Firefox account has grown its support beyond our beloved web browser. It’s now the authentication and account management tool for millions of users across Mozilla’s family of products – all designed to keep people safer and smarter online. So, to reflect this expanding world of Mozilla services, we’ve made the decision to rename “Firefox accounts” to “Mozilla accounts.”

Full article

sartic

Level 3
Jun 5, 2020
They can rename to Google Accounts :)

The best idea to have commercial success is Thunderbird if they listen what users want! Combo of enterprise phone app and webmail in Firefox maybe.
We move from Firefox 2.0 GUI to Chromish style. They have to adapt or they will be forgetten.

I played with Librewolf but I give up. My advice for my clients now:

Brave or Firefox for Linux.
Brave or Edge for Win.
Firefox for legacy systems.

Today Firefox is so rare in my country. Mostly is 2nd browser for specific web app.

Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.