Use Chromebook. You will be better off.

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
It's a nice article.

I don't use Windows (and each of our PCs at home are equipped with Linux) but would recommend anyone who uses this operating system and takes privacy seriously to take a look at this guide: adolfintel/Windows10-Privacy .
Also makes computers faster after all apps stop sending data in the background because they are removed.

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
There is one interesting question. How such a bad product made M$ so rich?
  1. Did people need something like Windows (cheap, poor quality, but useful).
  2. Are some M$ guys the marketing geniuses?
  3. Is something wrong with the competitive mechanisms of the computer market?
  4. Is something wrong with Antitrust Law?
I think that all the above may be true or the people are just stupid.:unsure:

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I will not go with the flow, because I kind of like my Microsoft Windows 10 Home 1809.:)
I am very satisfied with my Windows 10 Pro. No complaints here.:cool:
50 years ago I liked a tea named Ulung. This was the only mark of the tea available in my country. It was cheap, medium quality and useful - just like Windows 10.:giggle:(y)
I would like something cheap, higher quality, and as useful as Windows. One thing I am afraid of is that it will be the Windows after 50 years.:alien:

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Most of the software I use will not run on Linux so I cannot change from Windows. Moreover I have not faced much problem using Windows, it really has been a smooth ride for me even with Win 10. So, I'm sticking with it.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
The problem with Windows Home, is that it is a Windows Enterprise edition stripped of some advanced functions, but with many vulnerabilities left from the non-stripped version. That was very useful because of the high compatibility - most of the hardware and software could be used both in homes and Enterprises. But, had also the negative side effect. For example, most malware infections start from the Windows scripts and VBA macros, which are completely unnecessary to the home users - the scripts & macros were intended to automate administrative tasks in Enterprises.

So this is the Microsoft phenomenon and the winning strategy. Make something cheap, very useful, most compatible, and universal. Do not care too much about security, because there are many people who can help to make your product safer. Do not care too much about high quality because it will not be cheap and people will not buy it.

Is this only the M$ phenomenon? I am afraid that it is rather a pretty common strategy. Only the competition on the market can change the situation to the advantage of the customers.

Last edited:
Reactions: vtqhtr413 and plat

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
If there was no gaming I would have switched to Linux long ago. Looks like I am slowly getting bored with gaming and will eventually switch to all Linux.

Reactions: vtqhtr413
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.