Why You Should Disable Unneeded Services

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
ESO and SMART use Black Viper's Safe, Tweaked and Barebone profiles for tweaking services.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I would advise anyone not to stop print spooler service regardless of windows version, because disabling it causes some minor rendering issues while printing and messes up print to pdf too. I ruined my reports because of this minor problem which I caused.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
A lot of users think disabling a bunch of services will improve system performance. Generally, it will not -- or not at least anything noticeable.

In fact, blindly disabling services will more often than not cause issues - including some slow-downs.

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
Is not better use ESO ?
much better get good informed aout what does every service. then do manual.. those program who " optimize " most of cases make more problems that solutions.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
hjlbx is right the improvement is "minimal" from a performance standpoint,
but it does help a little, and if you do it right it will improve system security.
Messing with the Services though should not be taken lightly.
PeAcE

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I would advise anyone not to stop print spooler service regardless of windows version, because disabling it causes some minor rendering issues while printing and messes up print to pdf too. I ruined my reports because of this minor problem which I caused.

Disabling printspooler is recommended for systems "without" Printers,
not for systems with printers.
Reading the information for each service before configuring is a awesome idea that can
prevent errors like this one.
PeAcE

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.