Why you SHOULD use Firefox

Oten

Level 2
Verified
Mar 12, 2018
Used Firefox since 2010, back in the day as a webmaster it was very convenient for managing/editing my websites because of wide selections of add-ons etc. Until now I'm still using FF for the sake of avoiding Googles' dominance or maybe i'm just feel comfortable with it.

Feb 8, 2020
Quote from the conclusion:

Read the rest of this story by Dedoimedo here:

FF is not that great for privacy any longer.

If one wants privacy then they compile the Chromium code.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Great Firefox forks, yes.
I don't more use Chromium forks, but Firefox forks only (so not Firefox original), with pleasure.
For better privacy and security, I've about:config ...

...and extensions of choice, like always: TrafficLight, uBlock O., uMatrix, Redirect Control, Javascript Whitelist, and some others like Neat URL, adblockingfiltersetp ... ...

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Here's a translation extension that I use in Firefox: To Google Translate – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-US)
Yes, here you have too "Google Translator for Firefox" by nobzol:
- or on pluginsaddonsextensions.com:

Another translator extension:
S3.Google Translator:
Link to download on pluginsaddonsextensions.com here: S3.Google Translator Mozilla Addon Download for Mozilla FireFox Browser

I don't use extension, but bookmark link (rarely...); or Bing translator: Bing Microsoft Translator

- but I use rather DeepL translator (too from bookmarks link):
DeepL Translator - English version for you here. You could change to another language of course.
It use: English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Russian languages - for the time being.

Last edited:

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I think people here glossed over the main point.

With one major difference though, back then, 20 years ago, sites hosted on IIS didn't work properly with browsers other than IE6, as MS was using (non-open) extensions to the protocols of the time. Google doesn't do anything like that.
Still. A web monopoly is tough to bet on.

miguelang611

Level 2
Apr 13, 2020
I have been a very long term Firefox user. Probably like 10 years without touching Chrome
Always been happy with it
However, when I tried Edge Chromium... While on desktop I don't mind, using Edge over Firefox means I get about 30/40 extra minutes of battery backup, which for me makes the difference of needing to carry charger or not carrying it
I really hope Firefox improves, but Edge Chromium is just a great alternative, and being this new, it is really polished
Hope FF can get better, they will get me back for sure

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.