Battle Wich ist the better File Manager for Windows 10

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
In the past 8 years i've been using Directory Opus on all my machines. Its quite expensive but its very stable/reliable and has a lot of features (...i probably wont ever need or know :D ;) ).

source: Directory Opus
Directory Opus Pro Single
Single machine licence plus one personal laptop: $89 AUD

Directory Opus Pro Dual
Two machine licence plus one personal laptop: $129 AUD

Ther is also a light release of this file manager:
Directory Opus Light
What are the differences between Light and Pro?
Single machine licence: $49 AUD

Last edited:

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
Long time user of Directory Opus on all my home PCs. In fact I like it so much I bought 2 extra licenses for any future PC purchases. I simply can't do without this utility.

EDIT: I've installed a copy of XYplorer. Looks good! But I am not sure if it matches DOpus yet in terms of flexibility and capability. Of course DOpus is more expensive to begin with so it kinda evens out. You get what you pay for. Also, DOpus is licensed per machine (+1 personal laptop) and does not offer a lifetime upgrades license. Expect to pay for upgrades every 2-2.5 years on an average.

Last edited:

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
Long time user of Directory Opus on all my home PCs. In fact I like it so much I bought 2 extra licenses for any future PC purchases. I simply can't do without this utility.

EDIT: I've installed a copy of XYplorer. Looks good! But I am not sure if it matches DOpus yet in terms of flexibility and capability. Of course DOpus is more expensive to begin with so it kinda evens out. You get what you pay for. Also, DOpus is licensed per machine (+1 personal laptop) and does not offer a lifetime upgrades license. Expect to pay for upgrades every 2-2.5 years on an average.

I tried the Directory Opus but for my it is too complicated to use.

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
I tried the Directory Opus but for my it is too complicated to use.

Well, DOpus is a power file manager and an Explorer replacement but what about it do you find complicated? It can be as simple or complex as you want it to be. That's the beauty of DOpus.

It's akin to MS Word or Excel. The Office suite has evolved into a bunch of incredibly powerful programs with tons of features and capabilities that many of us use only if or when needed.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.