Troubleshoot WiFi Help

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I have 4MBPS Broadband Cable Connection.
Belkin Wireless Router G

My connection is direct connection i.e no modem/router i.e the internet cord with RJ45 connects directly to laptop socket.
When I need WiFi I use my router.

WiFi was working fine.

2 days back RJ45 was broke so I asked my provider to change it. After the change WiFi is not working.

The thing I noticed is that before RJ45 broke my direct connection was working with "Auto Negotiation" i.e LAN Card Properties - Configure - Advanced - Speed & Duplex was set to "Auto Negotiation".
When the service provider changed RJ45, direct connection - internet was not working with "Auto Negotiation" so he set speed & Duplex to 10MBPS Full Duplex & it started working, but WiFi was not working. I tried resetting router to factory defaults & setup the router again but still WiFi internet is not working.

I saw that before attaching RJ45, the service provider joined the tiny wires that RJ45 has. Can wrong joining of wires lead to WiFi internet prob?

I dont know why WiFi is not working now.
Any info/solution?

Win 7 64
Windows FW Defaults

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Try using another RJ45 cable.

I've tried making a RJ45 cable before, but ended up making a crossover cable - or something like that.. Please excuse my lack of knowledge.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.