H

hjlbx

Thread author
Last edited by a moderator:

Sloth

Level 5
Verified
Jun 24, 2015
So does this mean that Comodo is the best security suite available now? :rolleyes:

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
No, probably Melih paid them, or Melih works for WikiLeaks, if he did we'd never know. It's strange for such an intelligent man, who went to one of the worse universities in the UK, why not study in the US - oh, that's why, they would refuse him entry.

This is the best bit from a Comodo Hero:

PS: At least we now know quite some of their names, phone numbers, global connections etc.
thumbup.gif

So why not give them a bunch of friendly phone calls and tell 'em what we think of their dirty deeds?

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Wow, they purchased licenses from Comodo - better post it on their forums! :confused:
Has this hero fool even though about why they might have purchased licenses? Maybe, just maybe it was to test their software against Comodo?

Reactions: souhrid and Cch123

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
I am appalled by how naive people are. Yes, they did buy Comodo Internet Security's licence. But they also bought almost all the major AV licences. Its for a specific little document called "invisibility report" that they send out to their clients. Its also for "customer support" when their clients submit a support ticket asking for help in bypassing your favourite AVs.

Instead, what we should be looking at are their invisibility reports. If you look at them, you will notice that Comodo has been bypassed with no warnings about the Hacking Team RCS scout installation.

Edit: Just to clarify certain things, scout managed to get past Comodo and its sandbox. BUT, it can't be upgraded to soldier or elite due to the auto sandbox. Basically means they can get basic info about your computer,but not upgrade to more advanced capabilites

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

Thread author
I am appalled by how naive people are. Yes, they did buy Comodo Internet Security's licence. But they also bought almost all the major AV licences. Its for a specific little document called "invisibility report" that they send out to their clients. Its also for "customer support" when their clients submit a support ticket asking for help in bypassing your favourite AVs.

Instead, what we should be looking at are their invisibility reports. If you look at them, you will notice that Comodo has been bypassed with no warnings about the Hacking Team RCS scout installation.

@Cch123 - Where's a link to The Hacking Team "Invisibility Reports" ?

You do this sort of thing all the time... you make statements, then provide no links to infos.

Reactions: Tony Cole

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
@Cch123 - Where's a link to The Hacking Team "Invisibility Reports" ?

You do this sort of thing all the time... you make statements, then provide no links to infos.

Learn to google search. If you truly desire to gain new knowledge, you do not need to be spoon fed everytime. And I have no desire to waste time digging up all the evidence I read everytime I make comments on a forum.

Anyway, to answer your allegations, I am spoon feeding you this time:

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/document/2014/10/30/hacking-team-rcs-invisibility-report/
HackingTeam email ID: 822406 Subject: Invisibility Report
HackingTeam email ID: 46558 Subject: AREA
HackingTeam email ID: 767662 Subject: Request for antivirus result list
Last 3 from the leaked files.

I have chosen the AV results that span from 2012 to 2014/5. They have indeed faced some challenge with comodo's sandbox recently, but that's about it.

Reactions: vivid and Enju
H

hjlbx

Thread author
I am spoon feeding you this time:

@Cch123

Really ? I didn't take you for the grumpy type...

I suppose I spoon fed you when I supplied the WikiLeak links in my original post... or no ?

In any case, I didn't mean anything negative or personal in my initial comment... although, it is apparent you interpreted it that way.

No "allegations" - just a request for infos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.