Advice Request Will I lose TOTP if I let my Bitwarden Premium subscription expire?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
My Bitwarden Premium is coming to an end. As TOTP is part of Premium, if I let the subscription expire and not renew.

What happens to the generated TOTP codes?
- Does Bitwarden erase them?
- If I renew at a later day, will the TOTP codes exist?

FWIW; I have the backup codes, but that's besides the question.

Reactions: Jack

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
If your Bitwarden Premium subscription expires, the TOTP codes that were generated using Bitwarden will still exist in your account. However, you will not be able to generate new TOTP codes or add new TOTP accounts until you renew your subscription.

Bitwarden does not erase your TOTP codes when your subscription expires, so if you renew your subscription at a later date, your TOTP codes will still be there. However, it's always a good idea to keep a backup of your TOTP codes, just in case.

If you have backup codes, you can use them to access your accounts that require TOTP codes even if your Bitwarden Premium subscription has expired.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.