Will someone tell me this is not really needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhartsellm

Thread author
Mar 8, 2011
I am on the verge of paying for a 2 year 1 PC license $29.90 for Hitman Pro. I just hate to have something only working half way.

G

Guest28

Well first off why do you feel the need to buy Hitman pro? Malwarebytes should be effective enough. You should try CCE Comodo cleaning essentials it's a pretty effective tool but is for very advanced users.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
mhartsellm said:
I am on the verge of paying for a 2 year 1 PC license $29.90 for Hitman Pro. I just hate to have something only working half way.

This is not really needed!! :D
You can scan for free with Hitman Pro..If he ever manage to detect something you can remove the malware with other specialized tools. (eg : bootable cd , mbam , emsisoft emergency kit .... )
You are an advance user I doubt you'll ever get infected and removing malware ,I think that it isn't very hard for you also. :D

mhartsellm

Thread author
Mar 8, 2011
Thanks all, I'm just one of those old dudes that enjoys having more than enough wrenches than needed in his toolbox:rolleyes:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
mhartsellm said:
Thanks all, I'm just one of those old dudes that enjoys having more than enough wrenches than needed in his toolbox:rolleyes:
Yes,I'm the same way.But you already have Hitman Pro in your toolbox ...if you buy it ..you just get the right to remove the detections.. Do you really need this ? :p
BTW did you activate your 30days license? :D

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
I don't want to steal them costumer but if you don't need it, why buy it? If most scans reveal nothing infected you don't need the pro version. As you said, it will be just a tool sitting there. Spend money on things you like...movies, music, games etc. Spend most of your time doing things you like - and this includes time spent in front of the PC.

mhartsellm

Thread author
Mar 8, 2011
Yes I did activate the 30 day license and that is going to be good enough. I knew I could count on you guys, just saved 30 bucks:D

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Once you activate the 30 day license your done. After that you MUST pay. Never activate it. Just use it as a scanner then whatever it finds remove yourself. Thats what I do.

mhartsellm

Thread author
Mar 8, 2011
Oh well, I was thinking once the 30 days were up it would just revert back to a scanner without a cleaning option. Live and learn

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
Looking at your signature i don't think you'll ever need it. Don't go the illegal way if you know what i mean. I tested many cracks and they are hard to detect. Those guys are geniuses in hiding malware.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
I honestly dont think it works at all once the 30 days is done. You may try uninstalling it via Revo Uninstaller in Advanced mode. But the great thing about HMP is that it does not need to be installed anyways. When you first do a scan with it asks you "Install or one time scan". I keep HMP on my USB stick for an occasional on demand scan and I also use it on house calls.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I activated mine but did a System Restore after and reverted back to Non-activated. :lol:

The free version of Revo Uninstaller doesn't support 64-bit programs (i.e. it will only show programs in Program Files (x86) on 64-bit machines).

Download, install, un-check scan for cookies, un-check start-up scan. Don't activate unless you need it for malware removal. ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well as long your using HMP in scanning and no threats at all just leave the license in case of emergency occurs.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
You can download a 30 day trial of Revo Uninstaller Pro to support 64 bit. Use it for what you need to do then uninstll it. Its that easy.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Just stating since it wasn't very clear in your previous comment.

mhartsellm

Thread author
Mar 8, 2011
Yes sir, good ol' system restore works again back to non-activated. We'll just leave as is and activate in the future if needed. Making one portable on a pin drive is good idea as well.:idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.