Advice Request Will Windows 8 Fail?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Will Windows 8 Fail? topic here ..

Will Windows 8 Fail? : on pcmag.com : http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2402031,00.asp

'Microsoft's new OS drives awkwardly on PCs and laptops without touch input and that could result in its failure.' ..

'Microsoft has only one chance to get Windows 8 right or, as some in-the-know folks I know suggest, it could suffer the same fate as Vista.'

KelvinW4

Level 1
May 8, 2012
It works perfectly fine. I use the desktop the whole time and use classic shell to improve my experience . It's just like Windows 7 maybe except faster a bit.

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
i thought it already failed from what i`ve read over the internet... :D

D

Deleted member 178

as always, many users criticize it before testing it in the long run; the fact it saves me lot of resources justify its uses even if it lost on ergonomy.

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
The only people who say Windows 8 will fail are the one who have not given it a chance and hardly used it. I agree start menu gone is a big change to take for most users. but if you want it there so bad free and paid alternatives for it.

Apart from that it is much more faster and better than windows 7 and i do use the Windows style UI to read news and play games and I must admit it is a welcome change from the traditional desktop.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
It might it might not. Just depends on how users like it. Just like Windows 7, people liked it and look where it took it.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
McLovin said:
It might it might not. Just depends on how users like it. Just like Windows 7, people liked it and look where it took it.

I agree,its quite a change from Windows 7 but then there have been quite a lot of tech changes since the release of Windows 7.Remember the Windows 7 parties....lol....Wonder why there were no Windows 8 parties? I still have 1 year activation codes from Kaspersky"s Windows 7 party promo.They just recently got blacklisted

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.