Real-time security
Symantec Endpoint Protection+Malwarebytes
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Hitman Pro
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome:Adobe PDF+Tampermonkey+Malwarebytes Browser Guard+Cookie AutoDelete+Windscribe+IDM Intergration Module+Fireshot+Application Launcher for Google Drive
Firefox:Adobe PDF+Tab Auto Reflash+Malwarebytes Browser Guard+Cookie AutoDelete+Windscribe+IDM Intergration Module
Maintenance tools
ccleaner
revo uninstaller pro
File and Photo backup
portable disk
System recovery
System Image backup
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Working from home
Computer specs
ASUS Vivobook X556UR

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
You could specify what backup program you use.
Another thing that is not recommended is that you try Malwares on your host, you must do it in a virtual machine.
Thanks for sharing (y)

Last edited:

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
Replace Malwarebytes browser guard with Bitdefender trafficlight, MBAM's extenion is known for slowing down your browser by several times, add a password manager such as Bitwarden or Lastpass.

also, is Malwarebytes youre using the free or premium version? the premium version is not worth it if you have norton as it has huge memory usage yet very poor protection and norton is in the top 3 in terms of protection.

Anyways, your configuration is very secure.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
You may Set UAC to Always Notify.

With SEP I guess You don't need MalwareBytes Premium running resident...

Follow sugestion about using a virtualized system to test malware samples.

A PassWord Manager would be welcome also.

Willy19928

Thread author
Sep 10, 2019
You may Set UAC to Always Notify.

With SEP I guess You don't need MalwareBytes Premium running resident...

Follow sugestion about using a virtualized system to test malware samples.

A PassWord Manager would be welcome also.
I used malwarebytes to intercept bad websites.
I did test malware in VM and sandboxie,I choose the wrong option.
I don't trust password manager.

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
I used malwarebytes to intercept bad websites.
I did test malware in VM and sandboxie,I choose the wrong option.
I don't trust password manager.
For blocking malicous sites you litteraly can just use an free extension such as Bitdefender Trafficlight, and still, malwarebytes has a free extension, there are free AV's that does the job way, WAY, better than malwarebytes, which itself has failed all but one tests by independent labs

(even though im saying this im not trusting any lab or website that tests AV's such as av-comparatives and VB bulletin as they are both being endorsed by scam products, you should stop believing them aswell.)

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Replace Malwarebytes browser guard with Bitdefender trafficlight, MBAM's extenion is known for slowing down your browser by several times
Maybe this was the case before but not anymore. It's as fast as Trafficlight and maybe even faster from what I've seen the last couple of weeks.

Reactions: Protomartyr

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Oh, youre right, but it litteraly uses 40% cpu.
I'm not seeing such things either. My Firefox CPU usage reached 60% max while loading YouTube, otherwise while loading normal sites CPU usage is between 20-45% and this is with 28 active addons combined so surely MBBG isn't using 40% cpu.
Btw, I'm using with Ads/Tracker option turned off so I wonder if that makes the difference!
Well, I correct myself. Upon further testing I can see that MBBG is definitely more power hungry but I don't notice that in day to day browsing. Trafficlight uses very low CPU.

Last edited:
Reactions: Protomartyr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.