Win 7 won't boot/BSOD, ran FRST, need FIXLIST.txt

dimepiecenerd

Thread author
Jan 22, 2014
After deleting the virus using the TDSS Killer like you said, I upgraded to windows 8 then windows 8.1. Took forever but it looks great!!!!

AVG free 2014 and Windows Defender say there's no threats detected but is there another way/program on windows 8.1 that I can use to make sure the Trojan Alureon is completely gone?

Because when I was going to run another FRST scan to check my PC for any malware, my USB drive with FRST.exe on it was alerted by AVG, which detected a Trojan/sinowel virus on it. AVG then removed the threat and deleted the FRST.exe program off the USB.

Is this a new virus or the same virus, just a leftover part of the original one that wasn't completely removed?

I got the FRST download directly from this site (seems trustworthy):
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

Should I redownload FRST from same site or different one to check my PC for any leftover "Trojan alureon/sinowel viruses"? It says FRST is for windows xp, vista,7, 8... Not compatible 8.1????

Thanks a lot so far for your help! I hope I never get another BSOD or virus after this... :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.